Ideas for RP!

Jeez everyone, there seems to be arguments everywhere. This is GJF, we do tend to get off track. It's just something we've gotta get used to. :)
I do have a few ideas in mind, but I'd like to make the RPs myself. Whatever you decide on, make sure it's good!

Last edited:
I agree with HCCLK and Zinnia. There are a lot of RPs on here that... don't have a lot of thought put into them. When you start an RP, you have to be online a lot of the time to keep your RP running smoothly. Also, be creative with it! Most of the RPs here are copies of each other! With similar plots and stories, the only difference is a few words changed here and there, a different setting and maybe different character species. Another thing which doesn't work very well is creating an RP after a movie. Yeah the movie was real great any everything, but its impossible to re-create an RP to mimic it, especially if you start taking characters from the movie and using them yourself.

For example, the Avatar RP. I enjoyed the movie, no offence to the owner, but you need a plot. Something different then the movie. Yeah we all know that the Na'vi defeated the sky people, it was a great war ya ya ya. But that doesn't mean your RP has to follow the same storyline as the movie. What about using the Na'vi people in a different setting with different problems and a different enemy. That would make it a bit more interesting, and unpredicable.

So, long story short, if you want to make an RP. Make sure you have a ton of time to spend on it, and be creative! In all honesty OP, you only have a dozen posts. You are relatively new to BYC and if you had to ask for ideas, maybe creating an entirely new RP isn't for you. You can have just as much fun RPing on an existing thread.

and on Rps, they sometime dont work out well, i had a chicken fock Rp with plot set out, every thing, but no one really joined :/ and when it came back, the whole base, meaning, and the plot was destroyed by other people (ya, i am ticked off by that :?)

I agree with HCCLK and Zinnia. There are a lot of RPs on here that... don't have a lot of thought put into them. When you start an RP, you have to be online a lot of the time to keep your RP running smoothly. Also, be creative with it! Most of the RPs here are copies of each other! With similar plots and stories, the only difference is a few words changed here and there, a different setting and maybe different character species. Another thing which doesn't work very well is creating an RP after a movie. Yeah the movie was real great any everything, but its impossible to re-create an RP to mimic it, especially if you start taking characters from the movie and using them yourself.

For example, the Avatar RP. I enjoyed the movie, no offence to the owner, but you need a plot. Something different then the movie. Yeah we all know that the Na'vi defeated the sky people, it was a great war ya ya ya. But that doesn't mean your RP has to follow the same storyline as the movie. What about using the Na'vi people in a different setting with different problems and a different enemy. That would make it a bit more interesting, and unpredicable.

So, long story short, if you want to make an RP. Make sure you have a ton of time to spend on it, and be creative! In all honesty OP, you only have a dozen posts. You are relatively new to BYC and if you had to ask for ideas, maybe creating an entirely new RP isn't for you. You can have just as much fun RPing on an existing thread.

xA bizillion. I couldn't have said that any better myself.

Of course you couldn't Zinnia, I'm just that good LOL

Just kidding
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom