I have everything ready… except chicks- help!

I’m holding out on getting any in case anyone in our area needs to rehome any chicks/chickens they take on this year wanting “cheap eggs”. Not that I want anyone to take on chicks and have this be the outcome. I just don’t want all those chickens to end up being neglected or dumped somewhere, they can come to my house 🙏😊

If you live in a rural area with other chicken owners, split an order. Or get yourself an incubator and buy a dozen fertilized eggs from a neighbor. The backyard chicken business is huge this year.
I noticed!! My friend does have a broody hen with about 15 eggs already, but they won’t be ready for awhile and I don’t know what the sex will be of hers. I don’t want a rooster since I’m too close to my neighbors and I like my neighbors lol

If you have other smaller feed stores (not TSC) a lot of them post online lists of what breeds they're expecting and when. I have never had issues picking a date and getting the breeds I want.
I need to call around! Everyone around here also keeps mentioned Rural King but I’m assuming it’s like TSC. Never been to one.

I noticed!! My friend does have a broody hen with about 15 eggs already, but they won’t be ready for awhile and I don’t know what the sex will be of hers. I don’t want a rooster since I’m too close to my neighbors and I like my neighbors lol
We've hatched ~100 chicks over the years. The male/female ratio has been about 50/50. It's hard to get rid of roosters, so it is something to consider. Now we just eat them. The roosters I mean.

Back
Top Bottom