I don't know whats wrong with my chick

Yard Farmer

🇺🇸 John 8:36 🇺🇸
Premium Feather Member
Jan 5, 2022
The Wild West!
This chick had been like this since this morning. I'm starting to get worried,😢 I love all my chickens so much

It hasn't moved at all. But he's still breathing fine...will he be ok..?

Please help my little chick 🙏
P_20220120_200303_LL.jpg

This chick had been like this since this morning. I'm starting to get worried,😢 I love all my chickens so much

Please help my little chick 🙏View attachment 2967311
I'm so sorry. This little one certainly looks concerning. Did it do all of the hatch on it's own? I see blood on the egg and on the incubator floor. How many hours has it been like this? I would probably take a tiny paint brush or something similar and try to paint a teeny tiny smear of sugar water on its beak. How long was it working at hatching? I'm so sorry

you might need to assist the hatch you have to be extremely careful i can't stress that enough

Please help my little chick 🙏

In my opinion, it looks like it pipped in a blood vessel or hatched before the blood was absorbed. Sadly, there are times when they don't make it. I really hope that's not the case here, but it does look like a bit of blood still left in the shell. They don't have a lot of blood, so absorbing nearly all of it is important.

you might need to assist the hatch you have to be extremely careful i can't stress that enough
Did you see the picture? The chick doesn't need hatching assistance. I know it's sometimes difficult to see the pictures, so please know that I am certainly not being rude or anything at all. Just trying to be helpful 💜

I'm so sorry. This little one certainly looks concerning. Did it do all of the hatch on it's own? I see blood on the egg and on the incubator floor. How many hours has it been like this? I would probably take a tiny paint brush or something similar and try to paint a teeny tiny smear of sugar water on its beak. How long was it working at hatching? I'm so sorry
No, I helped it hatch because it only piped then nothing else happened. It seems really week

I has been like that since 10:00 am this morning.

Ok I'll try the sugar water, how much sugar and how much water do I need (in measurement form)

yes, their was more blood than I usually see helping chicks hatch.

In my opinion, it looks like it pipped in a blood vessel or hatched before the blood was absorbed. Sadly, there are times when they don't make it. I really hope that's not the case here, but it does look like a bit of blood still left in the shell. They don't have a lot of blood, so absorbing nearly all of it is important.
I think your right 😥

Back
Top Bottom