homesteadmama8

In the Brooder
Dec 30, 2021
I’m looking to get some ducklings and I’m so thrown off by the variety of information I’m finding on Runner Ducks. Most websites say that Indian Runners lay 300+ eggs a year, but when I go to the hatchery websites, they all say 100-180 eggs a year…what’s your experience? And do you have any reccomended hatcheries for runner ducks?

I’m looking to get some ducklings and I’m so thrown off by the variety of information I’m finding on Runner Ducks. Most websites say that Indian Runners lay 300+ eggs a year, but when I go to the hatchery websites, they all say 100-180 eggs a year…what’s your experience? And do you have any reccomended hatcheries for runner ducks?
Hello! Indian Runners are really good egg layers, I get a lot of eggs from my girls. You could get duckling from Metzer Farms, that’s where I got mine.

And Metzer is great! I have had wonderful success with them. I know they have a lot of Holderread lines. And are they the folks who opened a second hatchery in Tennessee? That will make shipping times much better for Midwest and East Coast buyers.

Back
Top Bottom