How long past 28 days do you keep turkey eggs in the incubator before you get rid of them?

horselv2003

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 6, 2013
I have a couple eggs that are past the 28 days and a couple that are at about 27 and i don't see any movement in them or any signs of pipping. How long past the 28 days should I keep them before assuming they are no good?

So far only 1 out of 5 look promising. Not sure why I am getting such bad results since they were all moving about 1 week ago.

Did you candle them? I will keep them as long as 30 days. If it is 29 days and I hear chirping inside, I will gently crack open the egg and help the poult out. After 30 days, I take them out and again, I gently crack open to see if they are alive or dead.

What temps do you have your incubator?

I did candle them before I took them out of the turners on day 25 and all four of the ones that are 28 days or more did not look, to me, to be moving and looked like the bottom end of the egg opposite side of the air pocket was clear. I know they were all moving on day 14 because I candled the eggs then and got rid of the bad ones. the temperature has been between 98.6 and 99.4 the whole time and humidity is now between 65 and 70 degrees for hatching.

I don't think I am one that can crack one open and see and half formed dead bird in it. If I don't see or hear anything after about 31 days or so I can safely say it is no good without cracking it open?

I don't think I am one that can crack one open and see and half formed dead bird in it. If I don't see or hear anything after about 31 days or so I can safely say it is no good without cracking it open?

The more you know about the circumstances which leads to your failures
more then likely would drastically approve your changes of success in the future.

So far I can not find anything that went wrong. The incubator has an automatic turner, correct temp and humidity, and at least 12 eggs were moving on the 14th day and after but for some reason all of the sudden they stopped moving and only two are hatching out of 16 or so. I don't get it, what could have gone wrong?

I usually run ,y humidity up to @ least 80% by adding rags and etc. I am just betting hat they died stuck to their shells but you cannot know w/o cracking a few eggs,... <HonestBobby>

Back
Top Bottom