HOW LONG CAN MY EGGS/INCUBATORS go without power??

WhispersToChickens

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 17, 2010
Of COURSE I have some GREAT eggs. And of course there were really bad storms in the area last night...but the power didnt go out till today. Out 30 min and temp already 82 in bators. (and no I have not opened them) Power co says no power for about 3 more hours. How long can the eggs go without power??

I don't really know, but I'd put some blankets over the bator to help hold in the heat--leave some of the vent holes clear though.
fl.gif

We've lost power with our hatches for up to 2 hours before, and they did fine. We just put some blankets over the bator. Infact we've had a hatch that has experienced two outages before and still made it.
smile.png

A backup power supply of some type might be a really good investment.

I just bought a Brinsea Octogon 20 Automatic incubator with water pump. It takes 25 watts constant and 45 watts peak.

I have one of those Black and Decker Power Stations that are based on a 12 volt battery and have standard 110 volt outlets.

There is enough juice in one of those to run an incubator using that type of power draw for probably 24 hours, I'm guessing. I tested the dumb thing when I bought it, and it ran a 13 watt CFC light bulb for almost 2 days.

It now been 4 hours...I just fired the generator will combine eggs in one bator and plug em in. Never thought of that black n decker thingy...I even OWN one....(but its not charged) Glad to hear other eggs have survived outages! makes me hopeful. Thanks! Now I have to worry about the brooders with dark (cooler) coming on.

It now been 4 hours...I just fired the generator will combine eggs in one bator and plug em in. Never thought of that black n decker thingy...I even OWN one....(but its not charged) Glad to hear other eggs have survived outages! makes me hopeful. Thanks! Now I have to worry about the brooders with dark (cooler) coming on.
did they make it??

Back
Top Bottom