How do I use Acidified Copper Sulfate properly?

AndiHop

Chirping
Aug 5, 2017
Central Florida
Asking for help using acidified copper sulfate. I have a hen with a mouth lesion, treating as canker, and will treat entire flock with ACS solution. I have the powder and need to figure out dilution dosage. I read that you add 1/4 tsp to 1 gallon of water, then ACV and cranberry juice for taste. The directions on my pkg of ACS say that I mix the 1 lb. bag with 2 gallons of water and then use 1 oz. of that dilution to a gallon of water.
SO... do I just use 1/4 tsp of the dry ACS into 1 gallon of water OR do I dilute the pkg first and then use that mixture?? And if I dilute the pkg first before measuring out for my waterers, how long will that original mixture last since I need to make a new batch every day.
Thank you for any advice!!

Asking for help using acidified copper sulfate. I have a hen with a mouth lesion, treating as canker, and will treat entire flock with ACS solution. I have the powder and need to figure out dilution dosage. I read that you add 1/4 tsp to 1 gallon of water, then ACV and cranberry juice for taste. The directions on my pkg of ACS say that I mix the 1 lb. bag with 2 gallons of water and then use 1 oz. of that dilution to a gallon of water.
SO... do I just use 1/4 tsp of the dry ACS into 1 gallon of water OR do I dilute the pkg first and then use that mixture?? And if I dilute the pkg first before measuring out for my waterers, how long will that original mixture last since I need to make a new batch every day.
Thank you for any advice!!
Did the ACS help the canker? I'm suspecting canker in my flock and considering ACS. Thank you.

Do they have lesions inside their beak along with a very bad odor?
While she was panting (110+ degrees out) the other day, I did see another smaller lump in her mouth toward the back. I didn't notice an odor. She's had a small growth in the corner of her beak for a few weeks but I didn't think much of it until we had hot weather the last few days. The area had become inflamed. Now that the weather has cooled the area isn't nearly as swollen but still has the crusted looking growth in the corner of her beak and one in her mouth (not crusted). Also, this is a different bird from the one I posted about earlier with an injured beak.

While she was panting (110+ degrees out) the other day, I did see another smaller lump in her mouth toward the back. I didn't notice an odor. She's had a small growth in the corner of her beak for a few weeks but I didn't think much of it until we had hot weather the last few days. The area had become inflamed. Now that the weather has cooled the area isn't nearly as swollen but still has the crusted looking growth in the corner of her beak and one in her mouth (not crusted). Also, this is a different bird from the one I posted about earlier with an injured beak.
Can you get some photos of the the inside of the beak?
Canker would have a bad odor. Fowl Pox would be a possibility, but let's take a look.

Back
Top Bottom