How do I connect hardware cloth to hardware cloth?

Pics

ragingowl77

Chirping
Mar 21, 2022
Southeast Georgia
How do I "seal the seam" between 2 sheets of hard cloth? I was using wood on the few places I needed to do this when I was building the coop, but now I'm going to start building the run. The hardware cloth is 4 ft. high, the run is going to be 6 ft. high. So, there's going to be 2 layers of the cloth and a lot of seams, which would mean a lot of wood just to seal those seams. Is there a different way to do it, or someplace to get the hardware cloth in 6 ft. high rolls (I bought my old hardware cloth from ebay, so if there's a better place in general please let me know).

How do I "seal the seam" between 2 sheets of hard cloth? I was using wood on the few places I needed to do this when I was building the coop, but now I'm going to start building the run. The hardware cloth is 4 ft. high, the run is going to be 6 ft. high. So, there's going to be 2 layers of the cloth and a lot of seams, which would mean a lot of wood just to seal those seams. Is there a different way to do it, or someplace to get the hardware cloth in 6 ft. high rolls (I bought my old hardware cloth from ebay, so if there's a better place in general please let me know).
Zip ties don’t sound very secure to me.. but do you have any wire?
EAABF643-9F7C-4E97-8029-83E341E401F4.jpeg

You could thread it through the mesh and ‘sew’ it together. I’d do it overlapping though (the mesh) instead of right next to each other so that you can’t just pull the wire apart.

Welcome to BYC.

I've heard of people using hog rings for this purpose. Also metal zipties and "sewing" with wire.

How far apart are the posts for your run? We ran the 48" hardware cloth vertically with verticals 4 feet apart.

6-foot hardware cloth is available from Amazon. You might also be able to get it from your local farm stores or building supply stores.

Get the shortest roll of electric fence wire you can get. For like 4.00 you'll have enough for a lifetime. I like to take a length and sew it up. Works great with no voids
lifetime supply from a short roll? I’m thinking big roll.
I’m in the process of better securing my extended run and quickly ran out of small 100ft roll of wire. Bought one of those 1/4-mile spools of fence wire and probably used 1/3 of it already, lol

lifetime supply from a short roll? I’m thinking big roll.
I’m in the process of better securing my extended run and quickly ran out of small 100ft roll of wire. Bought one of those 1/4-mile spools of fence wire and probably used 1/3 of it already, lol
You're right that was dumb of me I'll delete my post. Thanks for making me realize how stupid that was. Take care

Back
Top Bottom