how can I acquire a silver laced polish if I can't find it here in my country?

Epent12

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 3, 2014
jakarta, indonesia
Hey! My name is Adrian, I'm almost 17yo, I have a flock of ±40 chickens that live in a big run and coop, I live in jakarta the capital city of indonesia, in indonesia we called polish as Poland or Ayam Jambul (Ayam = Chicken, Jambul = Crest), I have 2 white polish pullets (one bearded one non-bearded) and one white crested polish roo, I'm sorry if I'm not very good at english, in here(indonesia) I can't find silver laced polish,golden laced polish and buff laced polish, the most common ones here are the white,white crested black,half white half black,mixes of browns,and more unusual colors, some polishes here aren't even polishes,

people here thought only sebrights that has the silver/golden laced variety, so they try to breed polish to sebright, but their polish/sebright cross have small crest and the feathers aren't even laced just colored differently in the tip.

I want to create the silver laced variety of the polish that looks exactly like the real silver laced polish, what should I do? Breed polish to sebright? Then breed their offspring to polish? Or sebright? To get the good quality silver laced polish? :) :rolleyes:

Hey! My name is Adrian, I'm almost 17yo, I have a flock of ±40 chickens that live in a big run and coop, I live in jakarta the capital city of indonesia, in indonesia we called polish as Poland or Ayam Jambul (Ayam = Chicken, Jambul = Crest), I have 2 white polish pullets (one bearded one non-bearded) and one white crested polish roo, I'm sorry if I'm not very good at english, in here(indonesia) I can't find silver laced polish,golden laced polish and buff laced polish, the most common ones here are the white,white crested black,half white half black,mixes of browns,and more unusual colors, some polishes here aren't even polishes,

people here thought only sebrights that has the silver/golden laced variety, so they try to breed polish to sebright, but their polish/sebright cross have small crest and the feathers aren't even laced just colored differently in the tip.

I want to create the silver laced variety of the polish that looks exactly like the real silver laced polish, what should I do? Breed polish to sebright? Then breed their offspring to polish? Or sebright? To get the good quality silver laced polish?
smile.png
roll.png

the Key here is that you need Homozygous(tow copies of the same gene) for the Silver Laced phenotype loo fully express. so here is what I suggest..

get a silver colored Poslish hen that is not black nor white crested black and mate it to a Silver Laced Sebright rooster

after you do that you can mate the resulting progeny together, but you will need to hatch about 50 of them so you get chose the best,

the Key here is that you need Homozygous(tow copies of the same gene) for the Silver Laced phenotype loo fully express. so here is what I suggest..

get a silver colored Poslish hen that is not black nor white crested black and mate it to a Silver Laced Sebright rooster

after you do that you can mate the resulting progeny together, but you will need to hatch about 50 of them so you get chose the best,

Silver colored polish? Can I use white polish pullet? I have a silver laced sebright rooster, so I should mate both of em, and then I mate the offsprings with each other or with the polish pullet or sebright roo?

Back
Top Bottom