Can I breed cousins together

Gigachad poultry

🤌🤌🤌
Dec 24, 2022
Vicenza IT
So I started this post, because I want to make a new breed of chicken. This idea all started when we let a broody hen sit on some eggs her eggs included. Now when they all grew up a found one of her eggs the only one that hatched became a beautiful black with yellow lacing. His mom was a French Cuckoo Maran and his dad is a Colombian Sussex. Now I've done a lot of research and I have started to build a plan on what I want to breed to together. So I'm calling this cool hyprid generation 0 and if I breed some identical non related hyprids together I get generation 1. Is that correct?

Here are the breeds I'm going to breed together
Please tell me if these won't go together.

French Cuckoo Maran

Colombian White Sussex

Golden laced Wyandottes

And maybe, Silver laced Wyandottes

I do have a few questions. So if my hyprid and another identical hyprid breed together, would I get generation 1? I'm saying is the starting hyprid's generation 0. Also is it safe to breed cousins, like I know not to breed brother to sister or dad to daughter ext ext, but is cousin to cousin okay? Finally should I breed the golden lacing after what I think is generation two to make generation 3 giving them the golden lacing?

Back
Top Bottom