Hiiii from California

lousybird

In the Brooder
Apr 28, 2021
Hello! I am a chicken mom from California! I have raised chickens with my family for a few years already. My first flock was a yellow chicken with yellow feet and a white tail (I still don't know what breed she is), a new hampire chicken, and a rhode island red bully! I have had about 2 flocks after that but sold them after a year since my neighbors complained about their egg song. This year, I raised chicks for the first time! Sadly, I failed badly feeding them layer feed since they were weeks old:( One passed recently when she was 6 months old and the other one is sick. Currently, I have 1 black astralorp and 2 new Hampshire chickens. My favorite breed are buff opringtons since they're so nice and friendly! I love raising backyard chickens because it brings light and energy into my backyard! I raise chickens as pets and for eggs. Some other hobbies I have are skiing and learning languages!

Welcome to BYC.
Are you aware that you can send you dead (or alive) birds in to your state lab for a cheap necropsy that will tell you why they are sick/dying?

There may be something you can do to prevent the others from dying.

Back
Top Bottom