Help! Not 100% it is a lash egg

Thanks! She has just passed watery white stuff, so I figured that's what it was. I guess it's something else. Her backside is all clean now and no signs of anything.
Oh good!

Yes, sometimes with prolapses, you will see white stuff usually this is urates. It can be watery to a thick gluey material. This usually resolves once the prolapse has healed, ime.

Oh good!

Yes, sometimes with prolapses, you will see white stuff usually this is urates. It can be watery to a thick gluey material. This usually resolves once the prolapse has healed, ime.
Oh, thank you! Glad to know it's related to her prolapse and healing. She still has it and is eating very little. I have her separated and in the garage with some light and a fan.

The pooping of only white stuff is a sign she isn't eating enough.
Unfortunately if she doesn't get good nutrition soon she will die.

Is a vet an option?

The pooping of only white stuff is a sign she isn't eating enough.
Unfortunately if she doesn't get good nutrition soon she will die.

Is a vet an option
Good to know, thank you. Unfortunately no, a vet is not an option. She is now having green poop with the white and it's a bit more solid. I know green isn't good either. I had a rooster that got sick last year that had green poop. He eventually recovered and is very healthy. I think she would do better to be back outside with the other chickens, just in her own cage. I am worried about how much light she would receive for egg production and not sure she is healed enough to produce an egg just yet. I read about 10 days is about how long to wait for recovery.

Back
Top Bottom