HELP my ducks penis is bleeding!

laurenluckyriri

In the Brooder
Jul 26, 2016
I am trying to find some answers on what to do but I'm not getting any explanations on whats happening to him. Last night (I posted about it) my two males started fighting and the girls started biting his penis (which i just thought was funny) and so i separated the two males and when i let them all out this morning the coop was all covered in blood and the one males penis is now bleeding everywhere! what do i do!!! i have to work in an hour and Im just going to put him in the coop alone with food and water! i didnt know this could happen! what do i do to stop the bleeding.

I am trying to find some answers on what to do but I'm not getting any explanations on whats happening to him. Last night (I posted about it) my two males started fighting and the girls started biting his penis (which i just thought was funny) and so i separated the two males and when i let them all out this morning the coop was all covered in blood and the one males penis is now bleeding everywhere! what do i do!!! i have to work in an hour and Im just going to put him in the coop alone with food and water! i didnt know this could happen! what do i do to stop the bleeding.
Put him in some cool water. That may help stop the bleeding and help you be able to examine it to see how bad.

@laurenluckyriri

Last edited:
X2 also try some vetericyn wound care to help prevent any infection.

You also need to be sure the penis isn't in complete prolapse, and if it is you might need a veterinarian's help. If it is prolapsed at all still then you will need to get it back in properly and carefully, be gentle and help just guide it back in.

What is happening now?

@laurenluckyriri

You might be able to use some cornstarch to stop the bleeding if it is still bleeding. He needs to be by himself and a fairly clean environment and away from females. KY jelly to lubricate it, and try just pressing it back into the body cavity. Some time swimming in a lukewarm tub may help him retract it.

Back
Top Bottom