Help is my duckling shrink wrapped

Pics

Emma140210

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2024
Hello can anyone help please i dont know if my duckling is shrink wrapped but i can still see veins on the membrane.

Attachments

• IMG-20240411-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20240411-WA0007.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 96
Thankyou so much it was straight back in the incubator i couldnt get a picture from the incubator and i was worried it couldnt move. We had one bleed yesterday that trying to zip while it still had bloody veins and it had veins the whole way around the air cell which i have never seen before but it must either of hit one or done something to the cord and there was nothing i could do the time i seen blood on the shell through the incubator and now im soo worried. Thankyou so much

Thankyou so much it was straight back in the incubator i couldnt get a picture from the incubator and i was worried it couldnt move. We had one bleed yesterday that trying to zip while it still had bloody veins and it had veins the whole way around the air cell which i have never seen before but it must either of hit one or done something to the cord and there was nothing i could do the time i seen blood on the shell through the incubator and now im soo worried. Thankyou so much
Did the one that bled make it?

No it didn't i couldnt even make out where the blood had been coming from there was so much the time i seen it. I just dont know what happened it was fine then it wasnt
So sorry to hear. :hugs It was probably one of those random occurrences and won't happen to your other eggs, so try not to worry too much.

Ducklings are very slow hatchers and can take over 48 hours before they fully hatch. The egg you thought was shrink wrapped still has active blood veins and is probably still absorbing the yolk, meaning he has a little more ways to go. Hoping you have a good rest of your hatch!

So sorry to hear. :hugs It was probably one of those random occurrences and won't happen to your other eggs, so try not to worry too much.

Ducklings are very slow hatchers and can take over 48 hours before they fully hatch. The egg you thought was shrink wrapped still has active blood veins and is probably still absorbing the yolk, meaning he has a little more ways to go. Hoping you have a good rest of your hatch!
Thankyou so much. It was awful its my first time hatching aswell so now it has made me worry about the other two thats left everytime i see something i panic now but thankyou so much you have made me feel so much less stressed. Thankyou

Thankyou so much. It was awful its my first time hatching aswell so now it has made me worry about the other two thats left everytime i see something i panic now but thankyou so much you have made me feel so much less stressed. Thankyou
Im sorry for bothering you again ive just checked the second egg through the incubator and it looks quite dry im not sure if its just because its been at that a while and not got very far or if it needs help im any way?

Attachments

• 20240411_221957.jpg
    20240411_221957.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 26

Back
Top Bottom