Help! duck egg day 29, no pipping - pic included... getting anxious

Pics
Took a break to feed these freeloaders!

d50dd25d-de70-498b-98b5-beadf8851f0d-jpeg.1496518
0d457ef6-6bcc-4f22-aa82-781711a3853b-jpeg.1496519
Beautiful! :love

I'm lurking! As I keep watch over speedy and her single egg... I'm on day 34, I've just been letting her take care of it. I'm debating on if I should move it once it pips - I'm worried since it's the last one left, the other 3 didn't make it.

Good luck with yours!
Ohhhh keep me updated! I hope it turns out well !

Yes, be patient. I'm the most impatient person in the world!!!!! When I was waiting for mine to hatch I set my alarm every hour on day 28 ( I have mallards ) to check on them I didn't get much sleep for 2 days til they hatched plus I paced so much I thought I was going to wear my shoes out, but it's all worth it in the end.. I agree with the other post, u should sing to it, I did with mine!!!! :) :lau GoodLuck, Keeping my fingers crossed for u
Ty! Glad to hear I’m not the only impatient one here! I love mallards, I was hoping this one is a mallard since I have black bellies and mallards mostly. But I think It’s black belly

Yes, be patient. I'm the most impatient person in the world!!!!! When I was waiting for mine to hatch I set my alarm every hour on day 28 ( I have mallards ) to check on them I didn't get much sleep for 2 days til they hatched plus I paced so much I thought I was going to wear my shoes out, but it's all worth it in the end.. I agree with the other post, u should sing to it, I did with mine!!!! :) :lau GoodLuck, Keeping my fingers crossed for u
I had a sweet little mallard couple that would swim in our pool every day! They were so cute them she had 6 babies and once they were a few days old she took them swimming in our pool- unfortunately our pool Has a lip and they were too little to get out by themselves. I saw them and fished them all out safely! Momma was screaming at first running back and forth till she saw what i was doing / once she saw I was releasing them where they could run go here she waited until I got all 6 out! She never took them swimming in there again tho
:(

See how the top of this egg has more air cell...make sure you have your egg with the higher air cell side on the top.
(I'm not sure how else to say this)View attachment 1496491

@Ducknewb_22 see how the air cell is misshapen in this pic? That’s what you want to look for next. That happens when it starts moving into hatching position. Until it does that, it won’t do anything else. It may internally pip quickly thereafter, but your duckling still has some time to go. :do

3 chicks of mine have hatched. Plus 3 new pips. :)

@Ducknewb_22 see how the air cell is misshapen in this pic? That’s what you want to look for next. That happens when it starts moving into hatching position. Until it does that, it won’t do anything else. It may internally pip quickly thereafter, but your duckling still has some time to go. :do

3 chicks of mine have hatched. Plus 3 new pips. :)
Yeah!! and Yes that’s helpful!

I had a sweet little mallard couple that would swim in our pool every day! They were so cute them she had 6 babies and once they were a few days old she took them swimming in our pool- unfortunately our pool Has a lip and they were too little to get out by themselves. I saw them and fished them all out safely! Momma was screaming at first running back and forth till she saw what i was doing / once she saw I was releasing them where they could run go here she waited until I got all 6 out! She never took them swimming in there again tho
:(
I'm so glad you were home to be able to save them! I'm sure momma was too.

Back
Top Bottom