Help! duck egg day 29, no pipping - pic included... getting anxious

Pics

Ducknewb_22

Songster
Aug 1, 2018
hi All!

My first post here tho I’ve been lurking for a while! I have a duck egg I found next to my bird feeder 29 days ago. Kind of made a make shift incubator and it’s been developing just as shown on a duck egg candling graphic I found online.

Tho I dare say I’ve been pretty good bout keeping it warm and moist- it’s pretty hard to be super consistent in a shoebox. About 4 days ago I moved it to my bath and set it up
With a warm mist humidifier keeping temps as between 92-99 degrees and last 3 days humidity varies 55-80%, no signs of internal pipping yet... should I just be patient and let it play out? I did the water candling yesterday and it was good tho I saw no movement but i also didn’t keep It in the water very long for fear of doing harm... I’m being a nervous Nellie. I could use some advice. Should Air sac side be up? It’s laying almost horizontal.

Here’s pic from
90b1e380-876a-402a-9940-2f05f86c8d1f-jpeg.1493182

I don’t know what day the whistling black bellies hatch, but if your sure it’s a mallard consider making a safety hole.
Should I make safety hole At top of air sac? I’ve been researching it all but I just want to be sure that is correct place for placement? I’d be so angry at myself if I did it harm after taking such care of it. Tia

Should I make safety hole At top of air sac? I’ve been researching it all but I just want to be sure that is correct place for placement? I’d be so angry at myself if I did it harm after taking such care of it. Tia
Yep, very top of the air sac. Use a tiny drill bit, disconnected from the drill, and slowly grinding away.

Back
Top Bottom