HELP!! Blood in duck nostrils!!!

duckduckgoose13

Chirping
Aug 8, 2020
This morning my girl was fine and within an hour she got a bloody nose! I tried to look and I can’t find a puncture, I put her back in her pen with her sister and I rinsed out their pool and put some “vet rx” in their swimming water and also apple cider vinegar in their drinking water. After she went into the pool it seemed to stop bleeding, knock on wood. I’ve never dealt with this so please help!!

Is there bleeding from both nares, or just one? Besides the bleeding, is the duck acting normal? Could you attempt to post a picture of her bill?
I want to say it was out of both, other than the bleeding she is acting completely normal. It’s been a couple hours and it seemed to have stopped so could she have just gotten something sharp stuck in there?

I want to say it was out of both, other than the bleeding she is acting completely normal. It’s been a couple hours and it seemed to have stopped so could she have just gotten something sharp stuck in there?

I would be inclined to think of trauma/irritation as the origin of what you're seeing. More serious conditions, such as respiratory diseases, sinusitis, and viruses that can cause inflammation, and swelling of the sinus would cause your bird to be in a rather debilitated state. As long as you're not seeing the bleeding, I would not worry much.

I would be inclined to think of trauma/irritation as the origin of what you're seeing. More serious conditions, such as respiratory diseases, sinusitis, and viruses that can cause inflammation, and swelling of the sinus would cause your bird to be in a rather debilitated state. As long as you're not seeing the bleeding, I would not worry much.
Okay thank you so much! I was really worried something was very wrong with her! I’m still going to keep a very close eye on her though and would it still be okay to add apple cider vinegar to their water because if it is a scratch and I can’t see it I’d hate for it to get infected.

Back
Top Bottom