Hatching with a Broody & Humidity

nevergiveup

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 19, 2014
hu.gif
I'm hoping someone out there knows what I am going on about !! I have a very broody hen. She is now sitting on 9 eggs and being very good about,... so far...well it is only day 2 ! Anyway we live in a very very dry part of the world. There are some excellent advantages to this, for example, our deep litter NEVER goes moldy. As a matter of fact we have to water it every night in the hot weather, which is now. So, I read that you could put an upsidedown turf in the broody box to help keep the humidity up. No turf here at the moment, so I got some moist peat and pressed it into the base of the broody box with a thick layer of straw on top. Does anyone have any experience with this ?
cool.png

I live in a desert area as well, and have never worried about humidity with my broodies. Our hatches always go fine. :) Nature just takes care of it, it seems.

I live in a desert area as well, and have never worried about humidity with my broodies. Our hatches always go fine. :) Nature just takes care of it, it seems.

Thanks gus2upp, I wanted to hear from desert folk ! So lack of humidity isn't an issue...that's excellent news. I'll stop worrying about it then.
1f600.png

Back
Top Bottom