Hatching Pics (first hatch over, second one starting!)

Ah just shoot me... the two that hatched are seramas and one has a curly toe, not that big a deal. The other hatched out perfect but then I looked a couple hours later and the yolksac had prolapsed possibly been torn...
barnie.gif
he.gif

I tied it off wrapped it up and waited. I don't know if the wee bugger will make it. I'm staying up with him tonight. And fretting.

Knew as soon as they were all the way out they weren't either sizzles or dels... tiny lil buggers.

Teach me to have Laura help store eggs, she must have set them in the wrong rack.

There really ought to be a prayer smiley. This will have to do
fl.gif
bow.gif
fl.gif

Hope the little guy makes it, Cher. Five Dels and four Orps are hatched. Leaves four Dels not pipped yet, the ones I'm sure were in the cool spot. Maybe I'll pip the aircell later on just so they don't run out of air before they can get out. Have to wait for Tom to get out of his Dr appt, though. My fingers are just not working today very well. Can't believe I can even type. ouch.

ETA: I just candled the smallest egg. It expired a few days ago, apparently, so just waiting on three eggs to pip now. Candled one other that seemed behind in development at 16 days, but it's full of chick and I believe I saw movement, so will leave it and the other two in awhile longer.

Last edited:
Hatch is over. None of the four made it. My styrobators are failing me lately or my instruments are or a combination of both. I'm going to hatch in the Fridge-a-Bator next time! The nine from this last group who hatched are crazy, wild babies, though! Have to sell a quilt or something to buy an Egg-Temp incubator thermometer.

ETA: Just ordered the Egg-Temp thermometer that has an accuracy rating of +/- .18 degrees and the pack of 4 extra batteries from Cutler Supply. Tired of messing around with inaccurate instruments not made for the job.

What's that thing run for cost, Cyn?

And the two tinies have made it so far, even Thorn appears to have survived impromptu surgery and is YELLING for the syringe with the yolk and molasses now when he's hungry.

Cher, without the four extra batteries (it comes with one already), it's $21.95. With the extras, it's $24.95. Plus shipping, of course. It's not made to keep inside the bator, but has a probe that goes into a hole in the bator and is made to be turned off between temp readings, and is similar to another one, called the Spot Check. Cutler Supply had the best price on it. Stromberg's wanted $34 for it.

Back
Top Bottom