Hatching Pics (first hatch over, second one starting!)

aaaaaawwwwwww how precious. BUT

not as cute as mine
lol.png
I
love.gif
mine bunches!

3 Dels and all 3 Orps have hatched. Have 4 Dels pipped and 2 not pipped. Of the Orps, we have one splash, one blue and one either dark blue or black. The first two pics below are of one giant Del chick that I swear, I thought he was going to jump up and walk, wearing his egg! You can see how huge the egg is compared to the others. Never saw an egg almost stand on end while zipping! And it filled the whole jumbo egg, too. Thought maybe I'd missed and incubated a double yolker, but nope, one HUGE chick. Called it Gargantua when it was finally out, LOL. Here are some pics.
DCP_3972.jpg

DCP_3973.jpg

DCP_3975.jpg

DCP_3976.jpg

DCP_3977.jpg

A fourth Delaware just hatched. Wish the others would hurry up! I have a second set of eggs that may start pipping at the end of the day in the other Hovabator. Would like to get this one cleaned out and ready for the next batch. At least, they are hatching clean and on their own, which is usually the case with the Delawares. They're strong little critters!

Congrats on the chicks.....I never get tired of seeing new baby chicks.
smile.png
I've got some on day 20....which I have told myself are the last going into the incubator until my SLWs start laying. We'll see if I can stick to it!!

The other set that I am incubating for someone else goes into Day 20 about 6 p.m. today. A couple of those eggs seemed like they were behind in development, but they were definitely alive. That hatch may be drawn out if they take a day or two longer. Must have been in a cool spot in the bator or the thermometer on top of them blocked some of the heat for awhile, don't really know.
Katy, your SLWs are so gorgeous! Will love to see their babies when you hatch some.

Back
Top Bottom