Guinea x chicken hybrid grow-along

Time flies when you're having fun! Sorry @Prince and Pavo I didn't see a notification of your question when you sent it.

Ember is still around with us. Over her first winter even with her booties she lost a couple toes but otherwise is doing good still. I can confirm she is actually a she as we were gifted with an egg today that is brand new to us - not from my chickens and obviously not a guinea egg (it's the egg in between the chicken and guinea one in photo below). I did see her have nesting behaviors (throwing straw on her back) just the other day, too, so looks like my gut instinct was correct :) She has these TINY wattles on both sides of her face, and her feathers just have this beautiful penciling. I'm happy she's still with us ❤️

View attachment 3848369View attachment 3848370
Awesome. I'm so glad to hear she's doing well. Congrats on the egg!

Time flies when you're having fun! Sorry @Prince and Pavo I didn't see a notification of your question when you sent it.

Ember is still around with us. Over her first winter even with her booties she lost a couple toes but otherwise is doing good still. I can confirm she is actually a she as we were gifted with an egg today that is brand new to us - not from my chickens and obviously not a guinea egg (it's the egg in between the chicken and guinea one in photo below). I did see her have nesting behaviors (throwing straw on her back) just the other day, too, so looks like my gut instinct was correct :) She has these TINY wattles on both sides of her face, and her feathers just have this beautiful penciling. I'm happy she's still with us ❤️

View attachment 3848369View attachment 3848370
That’s incredible! So glad to hear she’s still doing well. I am also a bit surprised to hear she’s laying eggs! That’s amazing!

Back
Top Bottom