I was taking care of them. Was getting their water. Everyone was fine! I came back and he was laying down. It looked like he might be sleeping but I could tell he was dead. I think he had a genetic problem... but we had a beautiful funeral for him!:hit

My 2 adult males hanging with some of my newly free ranging young adults. Everyone was getting along great ...until "King 👑Jacko" shows up and beats up everybody.. whatah'jerk!
0911221549d.jpg

(The 2 adults in the picture are the nice ones).

It was so funny & I never seen it before (I wish I had my camera) ..this happened the other morning. We had a very heavy rain lasting all night, the area around their coop was a mud mess! When I let my flock out the all ran around and their feet became caked in mud. They were wearing mud boots 😆 they all were walking around with so much mud stuck to their feet that they were tripping and stepping on their own feet. They soon got out of the mud and went in the grass and cleaned their feet off..but for those moments they were being soo goofy.

Well.. 2 hens 1 nest. About 2 weeks ago, I booted my hens off their nest. They were extremely upset and it took all my energy and the help of my German Shepherd to get them back to their roost in the barn. I didnt want them to have sat on their eggs in vain, even though I said I was not hatching any more eggs this year.. So I candled them as sure enough 8 of the 9 were fertile and popped them into my incubator. Its been a little short of two weeks and they are hatching this morning!!!

1005220902.jpg

Well.. 2 hens 1 nest. About 2 weeks ago, I booted my hens off their nest. They were extremely upset and it took all my energy and the help of my German Shepherd to get them back to their roost in the barn. I didnt want them to have sat on their eggs in vain, even though I said I was not hatching any more eggs this year.. So I candled them as sure enough 8 of the 9 were fertile and popped them into my incubator. Its been a little short of two weeks and they are hatching this morning!!!

View attachment 3281488
Babies! :wee

View attachment 3281488
Best of luck!!! :fl :caf

Hardest part about incubating during the fall is the humidity. I had to check humidity 3x a day and add water .. All my other hatches had the convenience of humidity in the air and I didnt have to deal with it so much.

Back
Top Bottom