GROSS WARNING!! BUT NEED Help!! Blood sac still attached to baby chick.

SHE'S STILL OKAY! But what do I do with this black dried lump on her butt? Video attached. Soak and see if it comes off? Use eye ointment gel (worked wonders for my pasty butt chick?) She's drinking water but haven't seen her eat yet. Perfectly active and alert like all others.

Other chick with same issue is still kicking too! Much more lethargic but drying up really nice.

I wouldn’t try to remove it, if it’s attached to her intestines pulling on it may cause innards to come out. I’d just leave it be, maybe rub a little something to moisturize it if it’s stuck to her feathers.

I’d try not to touch it at all, but you could add a tiny bit of ointment and just let it fall off naturally. As for why it happened it could be many factors , temperature, shipment (if they were shipped), handling to much , genetics ect. It happens , not all hatches go perfect, but we learn to go with the flow of chicken keeping :)

One of my chicks was born with a large yolk sac, I believe it fell off in about over a week. I honestly added vasoline once and left it to dry out. It healed nicely and he is a very robust little chick. So there’s hope :)

Back
Top Bottom