gosling hatched later than siblings & can't walk

Thanks Miss Lydia
"Lucky" runs over to the gaggle everytime she sees them & Mum just picks her up & tosses her away so I am avoiding that gaggle altogether now. Absolutely no problems walking running jumping since 3 days ago now. I think she was just too young. I make sure she has time with the "Uncles "so she still has quality goose time. But she lives with us now till she can fly then she can hang with all the other geese.

lucky day 4 shoes.jpg
We had noticed this 2nd gosling was always about 2 foot behind. Perhaps this one was the second last to hatch. It is half the size of lucky. Mum lost a lot of weight on the nest but has 24/7 access to mixed grain and 30 acres to graze on. She & her hubby are very active with the other 6 goslings

Attachments

• gertrude with 7 goslings.jpg
    gertrude with 7 goslings.jpg
    632.2 KB · Views: 4
  • lucky day 1.jpg
    lucky day 1.jpg
    965.6 KB · Views: 2
  • lucky close up c 2208.jpg
    lucky close up c 2208.jpg
    533.9 KB · Views: 3
Thankfully you now how the little one and can get it where it should be and Lucky has a new friend. That's great mum is doing well with the others. Beautiful pics.

The second gosling is eating & drinking and getting around well with lucky on the deck. They spent the night together under the light. Their mum & dad must have heard them on the deck yesterday afternoon as they turned up at the bottom of the ramp. dad (Eric) came right up to the glass door and had his head cocked listening.

Hi Just an update on "Lucky" his uncles & aunties (5) have taken him under their wings Ha Ha ! he has now spent 2 nites out with them & for a wobbly gosling he just went for a 2 km walk with the dog & I !!! His mum & dad still attack him but he gets away . He is twice the size of his siblings. He just turned 1 month 3 days ago. We are so chuffed. 2 weeks ago Poor "Lemon" was found in the cage with Lucky but with no head. He did have a habit of sticking it out thru the cage when his family was near. We have no idea what got his head during the day ! Would his dad or mum have done it ? So pleased Lucky survived the attack.

Back
Top Bottom