Goodbye Ducks - Happy Ending

LilyAshley11

Songster
7 Years
Jun 1, 2012
Ultimate:
Good news! My cousin said: the mayor said all the ducks will come back with their respective owners, so i have my ducks in the pond now!
ya.gif

Last edited:
Lice isn't common for waterfowl as they bathe and preen the oils across their feathers.

I am not making you feel worse, just stating the truth that domestic ducks should never be left to fend for themselves. They don't know how to truly forage since you have been feeding them. Many areas it is illegal to dump domestic ducks.

Last edited:
Live isn't common for waterfowl as they bathe and preen the oils across their feathers.
I am not making you feel worse, just stating the truth that domestic ducks should never be left to fend for themselves. They don't know how to truly forage since you have been feeding them. Many areas it is illegal to dump domestic ducks.
My ducks are in my pond now

Last edited:
Also yes, lice is not that common in ducks if they are provided water to preen. Are absolutely sure it was lice???

Could it be mites? I've never had any pests on my fowl so I can't say from personal experience. If you really want to do the right thing you should try to catch them and find them a new home. It's not a matter of if they'll get eaten it's just a matter of when. Also you don't need a huge farm to raise ducks. I live in the city and have turkeys, ducks, geese, peafowl,etc. Yes it's harder to make space for pens when you don't have as much land to work with but it is possible.

Back
Top Bottom