Good morning, BYC friends!

NH Friend

In the Brooder
Dec 29, 2022
southern New Hampshire
Hello!
I have been dreaming of keeping chickens for YEARS, and am now ready to make my dreams come true. My goal is to have everything built and prepared to welcome three to four chickens next spring (I live in New Hampshire). I'm already scouting out answers to questions I have, and I'm sure that will inspire new questions! I'm a teacher, so my preference is to have a ~plan~, or a timeline, or outline, or steps I can follow to ensure my future friends are happy and healthy!
I look forward to learning something new every day!

Hello!
I have been dreaming of keeping chickens for YEARS, and am now ready to make my dreams come true. My goal is to have everything built and prepared to welcome three to four chickens next spring (I live in New Hampshire). I'm already scouting out answers to questions I have, and I'm sure that will inspire new questions! I'm a teacher, so my preference is to have a ~plan~, or a timeline, or outline, or steps I can follow to ensure my future friends are happy and healthy!
I look forward to learning something new every day!
Welcome to BYC!!

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies!
Gentle suggestions:
Do you want a colorful basket of eggs? Choose different breeds. I decided I wanted different colored eggs and rare breeds. That's how 6 chickens turned into 14 chickens. Look at online hatcheries for breed types.
Build bigger because of chicken math! The prefab coops and runs online and in stores are a waste of money. Look for a wooden shed to convert into a coop. This way you can walk in the coop.
Consider birds that are tolerant to your climate.

Back
Top Bottom