fuzzi's May (First Time With Shipped Eggs) Hatch-a-Long Thread, all are Welcome!

Saturday Morning
I didn't hear the auto-egg turner last night. It's supposed to move every two hours. When I got up this morning I consulted the manual, and checked the turning mechanism. The turner light wasn't showing, the turner was off. Oops. I turned it on and watched the tray rotate. The temperature is steady at 100° and the humidity has climbed to 30%.

Tamar was not on the nest this morning, but was perched on my chair back, complaining loudly. She left me a smelly gift 💩 and continued to bluster and fluff herself up. I checked the eggs in her nest, they were still warm. She took offence at my presence and came over, cussed me out, and got back on the nest. One of the eggs was protruding slightly so she delicately nudged it underneath.
:love I think she will be fine.

Broody hens are all kinds of grumpy. And leave huge smelly poops! I always make sure I see them off the nest daily (or evict them)
What's funny is Martha was such a laid back broody, but after the hatch she became a BEAR of a Momma!

She's letting her chicks run the gauntlet of hen pecks, but BOY she will fly into any hen that is too rough. She can brood again as far as I am concerned.

Tamar cussed me out as I approached her, but I disregarded her rant and lifted her gently off the nest to count eggs, and only saw five...then I felt one under her wing. Whoops! No eggs were damaged.

Born on Star Wars day. Boy and girl I think, so Luke and Leia

Attachments

• PXL_20240504_155114988_exported_1193.jpg
    PXL_20240504_155114988_exported_1193.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom