Foam poop

Stonelakemomma3

Songster
5 Years
Jul 21, 2018
I have 3, 5 day old turkey poults. Hatched in incubator and kept indoors. They have a wide variety of poop and I want to make sure they are ok. Some looks like normal bird poop and some looks like foam. Should I treat them with anything? They are eating Kalmbacnon non-GMO starter feed 28% protein I believe.

It’s not exactly normal but not alarming either. Usually turkey poults need to be on game bird starter.
It is a game bird starter. I’m new to turkeys so wasn’t 100% sure. They are kept on paper towels and cleaned up after constantly. I wasn’t sure if they are born with parasites or not. If I treat them do you recommend using anything specific or just something from the feed store?

Do you know of anything @MamaPoult ?
I’m not sure they hatch with parasites. We just use an electrolyte and probiotic mix that you can get to put in their water. It gives them a good boost.
I don’t but will check her out! I was adding something called rooster booster and stopped because I was worried that was causing

I don’t but will check her out! I was adding something called rooster booster and stopped because I was worried that was causing
If they are on a quality turkey or gamebird starter, they don't need supplements. While the level of protein is important, the levels of lysine, methionine and niacin are also important.

I have 3, 5 day old turkey poults. Hatched in incubator and kept indoors. They have a wide variety of poop and I want to make sure they are ok. Some looks like normal bird poop and some looks like foam. Should I treat them with anything? They are eating Kalmbacnon non-GMO starter feed 28% protein I believe.
Hi! My old poults has a wide variety of poo! Mine had normal but a lot of foamy too. I think if it persists then you should look into worming them with ivermectin or something. Really all my young birds poop foam for a while and then it cleares up🤷‍♀️. It might just be a chick/poult thing!

Back
Top Bottom