I’m a failure 😞. Beethoven-Hen is gone, Canna is gone, Arizona and sunshine are gone. Everyone I have cared about is gone! Hen-Rietta stays with me for pity I guess. My heart isn’t just broken, it’s been shattered thru a paper shredder and then burned with a blowtorch!!

:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs It is so hard loosing your best friends. That makes us feel like we let them down. But everyone must die ; you make your chicken's lives the best they could be, and walk with them along their path until the end.
I think my hen Blanche will finally pass today after months of fighting to stay alive. I'm shattered too. I may not be as close a friend for my chickens as you are to yours but everytime one leaves I feel like the grief is overwhelming and I'd rather not have them anymore. Then, I guess life always takes over.

I’m a failure 😞. Beethoven-Hen is gone, Canna is gone, Arizona and sunshine are gone. Everyone I have cared about is gone! Hen-Rietta stays with me for pity I guess. My heart isn’t just broken, it’s been shattered thru a paper shredder and then burned with a blowtorch!!
I am sad to hear you think this and I know how one can easily blame one’s self for our friends and family passing from our lives. And yes our fur and
Feathered friends are part of our families.

But we can no more stop the passage of time, and those that leave our lives, than we can stop the earth from spinning. I am not going to say ‘it is better to loved and lost than to never have loved at all’ (Lord Tennyson).

I wil however say that losing one’s friends and families is a risk we all must take if we are to enjoy their companionship and love. One must take the good with the bad and enjoy every moment with our loved ones as if it were our last.

And then we must learn to dwell not on the sad things, but remember the good and happy things, this is how we learn and grow as a person.

Remember the happy things, write about this things, enjoy their memories.
🌹♥️

:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs It is so hard loosing your best friends. That makes us feel like we let them down. But everyone must die ; you make your chicken's lives the best they could be, and walk with them along their path until the end.
I think my hen Blanche will finally pass today after months of fighting to stay alive. I'm shattered too. I may not be as close a friend for my chickens as you are to yours but everytime one leaves I feel like the grief is overwhelming and I'd rather not have them anymore. Then, I guess life always takes over.
:hugs

Marty in the nest box - how does she see to get in there?! In the dark! Yes I have that bale of shavings to help them get up and down off the ledge and they use it to get in the nest box. But it’s still amazing how she does it.

And why couldn’t she have laid that yesterday so I could give to my niece!
C882DD1F-7126-4536-8E85-35220AB1B43B.png

FYI she’s that black spot in the nest box where that shavings bale is located.

:hugs ❤️

Not all you care for Alex. You still have so many beautiful birds my friend and just look at those adorable little chick's 😍 💕 💗

Back
Top Bottom