I’ve been absent but checked in and looked back, and am learning this sad news. I’m so sorry about Hen-rietta, though she has lived a pretty long life, and a good one with you :hugs :hugs

However, Hen-rietta’s 2nd in command will take over as best she can, or they will pick someone who will step up, I think. Popcorn, bottom of the pecking order, never did any lieutenant duties. It is now to Hazel’s top spot.

You can still get a roo, I expect even if you got them a roo today there will be a period of change and adjustment for everyone and it would be a big disruption anyway. But you know more about roo things - is it best to send in a new roo soon after losing one or losing a queen?
It’s sad and confusing

I hope this works and those of you with facebook can see this. My aunt sent me this video today. The chicks got moved outside. The little black one is her Owly baby. The rest are from what I can tell Branch x The marshmallow chicks. Who would have thought they would have came out spotted though?

*edited to fix the link, uploaded it to youtube so you all could see them.*

Its not a done deal, but I may be getting a horse?!

A good friend (my brother’s ex… they are still close friends) is selling her horse. He’s a gray welsh pony, late teens. Rides both English and western, might be able to jump. He’s perfectly healthy, they just don’t have a use for him anymore. Not sure how tall, but his owner looks pretty good on him, and she’s taller than me. He’s barefoot, and has no hoof problems.

Dad says that he is leaning towards getting him. Boarding (food, pasture 24/7, and hay included) only costs $350 a month. I’m hoping that I may be able to get him out at my farm soon, I mean, I have 60 acres. I just don’t have a barn. A pole barn works just fine though, and I already have fence, it just needs some work.
For now we’d board him where he is though. It’s right near my school, so I’d just go and ride him and hang out with him after school.

Dad says that he thinks I deserve a horse. I’ve been asking since before I can remember. I was honestly planning on begging for a horse for my birthday this year 😅

And this is what his owner said, I just kinda out it in my own words. She sent this to my brother.
Yes he can be rode. We shut down the program and he is not in use so we are getting rid of him. Yes he’s a he. Pastel should probably test before she rides him, and a price will be given when it’s decided(as I told you at max it will be like 500)

No feet problems, great feet. Pasture board which id what he is currently on(out 24/7) would be 350 for him a month and it includes hay and feed

He is currently on dynasport and coastal hay, which is 30 a bag and he would have less than 2 bags a month. And a round bale is unable to tell how much he eats so you might get one or two or maybe three a month, priced at 50-100 dollars depending on where you get it. Mom says round bales would probably honestly last him a long time. Farrier is 45 a visit.

This is my brothers ex on him-
IMG_3917.png
IMG_3919.png

I may go test ride him this Sunday. And I may go meet him tomorrow after school.

I have a soft spot for gray welsh ponies. My dear Lenny 💕
IMG_1142.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3918.png
    IMG_3918.png
    3 MB · Views: 1
Thanks Rebecca. It’s just so confusing right now, I don’t have the right decisions planted in my brain. The loss of Jaffar, Queen Hen-Rietta taking ill. The anniversary of several deaths in the family this month. And the price of French fries 🍟 going up. :barnie🤦‍♂️
My sister says her husband has a saying, or wise words: if you’re having a hard time deciding, it’s because you don’t have enough information. So maybe you need time to sort out the information you have, and find out further information. :hugs :hugs

I hope this works and those of you with facebook can see this. My aunt sent me this video today. The chicks got moved outside. The little black one is her Owly baby. The rest are from what I can tell Branch x The marshmallow chicks. Who would have thought they would have came out spotted though?

*edited to fix the link, uploaded it to youtube so you all could see them.*
OMG SPOTS!!!!!
:love

Its not a done deal, but I may be getting a horse?!

A good friend (my brother’s ex… they are still close friends) is selling her horse. He’s a gray welsh pony, late teens. Rides both English and western, might be able to jump. He’s perfectly healthy, they just don’t have a use for him anymore. Not sure how tall, but his owner looks pretty good on him, and she’s taller than me. He’s barefoot, and has no hoof problems.

Dad says that he is leaning towards getting him. Boarding (food, pasture 24/7, and hay included) only costs $350 a month. I’m hoping that I may be able to get him out at my farm soon, I mean, I have 60 acres. I just don’t have a barn. A pole barn works just fine though, and I already have fence, it just needs some work.
For now we’d board him where he is though. It’s right near my school, so I’d just go and ride him and hang out with him after school.

Dad says that he thinks I deserve a horse. I’ve been asking since before I can remember. I was honestly planning on begging for a horse for my birthday this year 😅

And this is what his owner said, I just kinda out it in my own words. She sent this to my brother.
Yes he can be rode. We shut down the program and he is not in use so we are getting rid of him. Yes he’s a he. Pastel should probably test before she rides him, and a price will be given when it’s decided(as I told you at max it will be like 500)

No feet problems, great feet. Pasture board which id what he is currently on(out 24/7) would be 350 for him a month and it includes hay and feed

He is currently on dynasport and coastal hay, which is 30 a bag and he would have less than 2 bags a month. And a round bale is unable to tell how much he eats so you might get one or two or maybe three a month, priced at 50-100 dollars depending on where you get it. Mom says round bales would probably honestly last him a long time. Farrier is 45 a visit.

This is my brothers ex on him- View attachment 3826886View attachment 3826888
I may go test ride him this Sunday. And I may go meet him tomorrow after school.

I have a soft spot for gray welsh ponies. My dear Lenny 💕View attachment 3826892
Well that's exciting!

I have found a local rooster, but I have to negotiate with the owner about my living conditions for him.
Seems a picky sort. Which is good. It means that the rooster has been hand raised, cared for and needs a good home. We shall see if I qualify I guess.
Reading back. Beautiful roo! Thought: The neighbor’s henless rooster is your main problem as far as safe conditions for this potential roo. That wants a fight to get your hens and will seriously challenge any roo you bring home. Unless you’ve taken care of that?

Maybe enclosing your yard, with upper fencing to keep coyotes or dogs, that roo, and anybody else’s roo out.

Back
Top Bottom