It won't be the same, and wherever the broody is becomes the MUST NEST THERE site....even if broody moves....
I have 9 nest boxes - they use 4 of them, at the moment. It changes like the wind at my place! At the moment the three nest boxes in HH-B are the preferred ones, and the bottom one of the three high in HH-A for three of the hens.

And then there are the ‘I think I’ll lay my egg here today’ group of 3 (sometimes Betty joins them).

The silkies are good at laying in the middle of three nest boxes in the Summer House where they are at the moment.

I have to tell you, it’s guessing game here - yesterday everyone laid in the 4 nest boxes yay! 20 eggs! And the three silkie eggs for 23! Unheard of I tell you!

BIL was walking up to the barn and found Butterscotch’s egg in the grass in front of the barn! Plop! Must have fallen out of her as she was running mount the door 😆

Thirsty Thursday

Buttercup having a sip
113C31BE-72F8-412F-86CE-F076DFE17BC7.jpeg
C82298AB-06AE-406C-A203-651D56CBC8D0.jpeg

And Ruth the little pecker
F45C9203-F1DA-44A2-B57C-3A7B9211E9D7.jpeg
49A54912-A838-4FD9-8074-325E5CE0BECC.jpeg

I have been checking in but I am behind, my left fingers and back are terribly achy it’s so damp here I am struggling at work to do work…

But here is a pretty pinwheel
1BC17A06-A4D7-4A70-8DFB-4660B248324F.jpeg

And the step stool continues to be a source of great fun - won’t be much longer before they fly up on the wall of that pen!
F41D61C9-F26F-42F8-B34F-C21DE40C2687.png

And Jaffarra stopped by to peck the camera when I moved it around 😊
5D5F7819-5561-47B9-9C64-F62E65EBAB9F.png

Say hello to Uncle Alex kiddo.

I have been checking in but I am behind, my left fingers and back are terribly achy it’s so damp here I am struggling at work to do work…

But here is a pretty pinwheel
View attachment 3826740

And the step stool continues to be a source of great fun - won’t be much longer before they fly up on the wall of that pen!
View attachment 3826742

And Jaffarra stopped by to peck the camera when I moved it around 😊
View attachment 3826743
Say hello to Uncle Alex kiddo.
Back at you kiddo image.jpg

I have to decide today. With all my emotional turmoil, I have to say Roo or no Roo? Hen-rietta dies, I have no leadership in the tribe. I have been putting off my regularly scheduled programs human stuff. To make things work here at home.
I’ve been absent but checked in and looked back, and am learning this sad news. I’m so sorry about Hen-rietta, though she has lived a pretty long life, and a good one with you :hugs :hugs

However, Hen-rietta’s 2nd in command will take over as best she can, or they will pick someone who will step up, I think. Popcorn, bottom of the pecking order, never did any lieutenant duties. It is now to Hazel’s top spot.

You can still get a roo, I expect even if you got them a roo today there will be a period of change and adjustment for everyone and it would be a big disruption anyway. But you know more about roo things - is it best to send in a new roo soon after losing one or losing a queen?

Back
Top Bottom