Good morning everyone

Just checking cameras before heading to the barn for morning chores.

The babies are starting to sleep with their heads tucked under a wing 🥰

Last night I was visiting them, crouched down with Sweetie on my knee and Butters flew up onto my back! Hahaha they seem to be learning from Alex’s brood of youngsters ♥️

Well I hate to wake them but I need to do chores. They seem so peaceful sleeping there.

13CE8F3A-C2D0-4B30-B90B-A3EB6525D42C.png

Good morning everyone

Just checking cameras before heading to the barn for morning chores.

The babies are starting to sleep with their heads tucked under a wing 🥰

Last night I was visiting them, crouched down with Sweetie on my knee and Butters flew up onto my back! Hahaha they seem to be learning from Alex’s brood of youngsters ♥️

Well I hate to wake them but I need to do chores. They seem so peaceful sleeping there.

View attachment 3826300
Good morning, Kelly. Have a wonderful Thursday.

In my two and a half years of owning chickens, I have never lost one. I’ve lost tons of guineas, but for me, they are replaceable.

A rat snake took two of my babies. Phoenix, and one of the Ayam Cemani’s. I am pissed. Dad killed it, and we have a strict rule to never harm non venomous snakes.

I’ve not been home yet, but I can only hope that Willow is doing okay.

I’m still in the car, and I’ve not shed a single tear yet, but I can tell that when I get home that I will. Phoenix was a pretty bird (and she was blue! I want blue chickens so badly, and when I finally get one, a stupid snake kills it.) and she had muffs.

And whoever the AC was, she a special bird. I’m not sure if this is the one that died, but here are pictures of Phoenix and the Ayam Cemani. View attachment 3825688View attachment 3825689
Looks to me like I’m going to be hatching more Bolt eggs this summer.
I am sorry 😢 :hugs :hugs

not yet. Maybe tomorrow evening. I’m not in a rush
I spent all day yesterday down grandma's and was too tired to comment last night. Heading back down there again today I think. I hope when I come home I read you have a new rooster buddy. He is a handsome little guy. As was previously suggested if his owner needs references send them this way to the thread. Major props to his owner though for being picky. That is a good sign in my books that he was brought up with a caring owner and trying to find the best home for him. A few questions about him if you know. How old is he? He looks a little young. What breed is he? Regardless, I am praying for you. I pray you get him. He will never be a Ben, Blu, or Jaffar, not asking him to be. He will be his own little guy who will write his own story with you and your flock. I also wish you many years of happiness with him if he comes home. If he does not have a name, he looks like a George, or maybe Cogburn. Yes that is it, Rooster Cogburn.
If you know you know.

Back
Top Bottom