I have strep throat, and bad. My throat isn’t sore at all, but my lungs are very raspy and I have an awful cough. It’s starting to get better, as I started my medicine on Sunday. I started feeling ill on Friday at school, and in the evening I threw up the stuff in my lungs (the stuff that makes you cough… I forgot what it’s called.) Saturday I have an awful cough, and I just watched TV and chilled all day. Sunday my chest and stomach hurt badly from coughing, so I tried holding my cough in, and same with Monday. Monday I went to school, asked my home room teacher how many more classes I can miss before I need to take the final, and called my mom to come pick me up.
Today I needed to go because I had day one of the math end of grade test. My cough isn’t as bad, but I still feel awful. I wore a mask so that people would feel safe, even though I’m not contagious anymore.
Tomorrow I have day two of math EOG, Thursday I have my Science end of course (high school credit) and Friday I have my Georgia Studies EOG.

I feel OKAY about the day one of math testing, I’m hoping that I passed. I really don’t need to retake this grade - I hated this school year.

I’m not sure if I already mentioned, but I know the gender of Willow’s chicks.
All three Ayam Cemani’s are pullets, unfortunately. Gorgeous, healthy pullets though.
Bolts chick Pegasus is a cockerel, and her chick Phoenix is a stunning pullet with a beard 🥰
On of the AC’s. I’m going to need to leg band them once they are older. I wanna know who is who.
View attachment 3824880
Pegasus the CockerelView attachment 3824883
Phoenix the bearded blue chicken. View attachment 3824884

I moved the Polishes outside on Saturday. They are eight weeks and one day old. Can’t believe how big they have gotten.
Circe says, “Hello hooman servants.”View attachment 3824885
Athens is growing. He can’t see, so I’m interested to see how I’m supposed to clip his feathers. Time to watch videos on it!
This was a few days ago. He and his wattles have grown even more.
View attachment 3824886
Feel better soon!

W.H.A.T.H.A.V.E.I.D.O.N.E.T.O.D.E.S.E.R.V.E.T.H.I.S.???

I do not claim to be perfect.
But I try to be more good than not.
I am considerate to strangers, and I try to assume the best in others.
I am kind to animals and those less fortunate than me.
I support worthy causes both financially and with my time.
I take care to limit the negative impact I have on the environment and where possible take actions beneficial to nature.

And yet, this evening I am faced with this.

Why?????????
:barnie

View attachment 3824851View attachment 3824853View attachment 3824854
Yes indeed it is just what it looks like!
Tassels has gone back to being broody - that is less than 3 weeks from when she snapped out of her broodiness after several nights in jail.
And she is sharing the tiny nest box with Piglet.
Piglet is doing well on self care, but I worry about Tassels who never left the nest unless I hauled her off. Maybe she will learn from Piglet?
And if she learns from Piglet she will probably also learn to bite me hard whenever I collect eggs.
Do you think if I leave them longer it will take them longer before going back to being broody? Or is this just Tassels' pattern to go broody every month unless she has babies?
@RebeccaBoyd did warn me, but I am not ready for this!
:th
Wow she sure is determined!

Hmmm when do you leave again? Do you have time to wait a week them shove them both in broody jail?

…..or shove Tassels in jail and break her, leave Piglet be for a week to give her some relief from laying eggs.

Tassles may just be going through the motions and shoving her back in broody jail might jar her out of it.

I cannot believe I have not had one broody old bat yet! I feel badly for you having. Two at once 💕

He just informed me his trike is not a fat tad, but an ez-tad. The tires are wide on a fat tad. I uh...nope not sure. The electric is an assist motor because he has some knee problems.
View attachment 3824878
"Mumther, I see you have a new shiny phone. Mayhaps perchance I can take a peck at it? Hmmmmm?"
Or maybe step on it with poopy feet 🤨

I have strep throat, and bad. My throat isn’t sore at all, but my lungs are very raspy and I have an awful cough. It’s starting to get better, as I started my medicine on Sunday. I started feeling ill on Friday at school, and in the evening I threw up the stuff in my lungs (the stuff that makes you cough… I forgot what it’s called.) Saturday I have an awful cough, and I just watched TV and chilled all day. Sunday my chest and stomach hurt badly from coughing, so I tried holding my cough in, and same with Monday. Monday I went to school, asked my home room teacher how many more classes I can miss before I need to take the final, and called my mom to come pick me up.
Today I needed to go because I had day one of the math end of grade test. My cough isn’t as bad, but I still feel awful. I wore a mask so that people would feel safe, even though I’m not contagious anymore.
Tomorrow I have day two of math EOG, Thursday I have my Science end of course (high school credit) and Friday I have my Georgia Studies EOG.

I feel OKAY about the day one of math testing, I’m hoping that I passed. I really don’t need to retake this grade - I hated this school year.

I’m not sure if I already mentioned, but I know the gender of Willow’s chicks.
All three Ayam Cemani’s are pullets, unfortunately. Gorgeous, healthy pullets though.
Bolts chick Pegasus is a cockerel, and her chick Phoenix is a stunning pullet with a beard 🥰
On of the AC’s. I’m going to need to leg band them once they are older. I wanna know who is who.
View attachment 3824880
Pegasus the CockerelView attachment 3824883
Phoenix the bearded blue chicken. View attachment 3824884

I moved the Polishes outside on Saturday. They are eight weeks and one day old. Can’t believe how big they have gotten.
Circe says, “Hello hooman servants.”View attachment 3824885
Athens is growing. He can’t see, so I’m interested to see how I’m supposed to clip his feathers. Time to watch videos on it!
This was a few days ago. He and his wattles have grown even more.
View attachment 3824886
Awww I hope you feel better soon
💕🌷

Wow all those chicks sure have grown! It sure doesn’t take long does it 🥰

Wow she sure is determined!

Hmmm when do you leave again? Do you have time to wait a week them shove them both in broody jail?

…..or shove Tassels in jail and break her, leave Piglet be for a week to give her some relief from laying eggs.

Tassles may just be going through the motions and shoving her back in broody jail might jar her out of it.

I cannot believe I have not had one broody old bat yet! I feel badly for you having. Two at once 💕
Yup - I am not leaving until the back half of June.
My plan right now is to leave both of them for now and if Tassels isn't looking after herself I will haul her out each day.
I will play it by ear, but for sure I will leave them both for a week, maybe two, before I start up the broody jail.
I imagine if they can sit in a tiny dish bowl together, I can put them in the same jail together when I get to that stage.
My worry now is that they go broody while I am away. But I think my chicken caring lady will be able to cope.

I take care to limit the negative impact I have on the environment and where possible take actions beneficial to nature.

Why?????????

Tassels has gone back to being broody - that is less than 3 weeks from when she snapped out of her broodiness after several nights in jail.
Piglet is doing well on self care, but I worry about Tassels who never left the nest unless I hauled her off. Maybe she will learn from Piglet?
And if she learns from Piglet she will probably also learn to bite me hard whenever I collect eggs.
Do you think if I leave them longer it will take them longer before going back to being broody? Or is this just Tassels' pattern to go broody every month unless she has babies?
I'm sorry, I warned you about Tassels. It is the Marans in her breeding. If it is still set up, I would go out right now and stick her butt back in jail. I am sure she lost body condition from her last broody episode. I am back in the same situation with Goose. Less then a week and today she planted her butt firmly back in the nest. She was not happy with me this evening. I have no choice with her. She sat almost 4 weeks and definitely lost weight.

I'm sorry, I warned you about Tassels. It is the Marans in her breeding. If it is still set up, I would go out right now and stick her butt back in jail. I am sure she lost body condition from her last broody episode. I am back in the same situation with Goose. Less then a week and today she planted her butt firmly back in the nest. She was not happy with me this evening. I have no choice with her. She sat almost 4 weeks and definitely lost weight.
Helpful.
I guess I am trying to maximize the chances she doesn't go broody when I am away, which is probably a fool's errand as she will do whatever she pleases!
So I think maybe you are right I should just break her out of it right now. We then have time for two more cycles before I leave!
I need to set up her feed and water - so I will leave it until the morning. And I will leave Piglet longer as I am less worried about her as she eats and drinks every day, maybe even twice a day, and I really want her to have a break from laying.
Of course it is Babs who really needs a break from laying so I hope she is next but she is showing absolutely no signs of it so far.

Why?????????

If you can let them go 21 days and then break them it should take.

Helpful.
I guess I am trying to maximize the chances she doesn't go broody when I am away, which is probably a fool's errand as she will do whatever she pleases!
So I think maybe you are right I should just break her out of it right now. We then have time for two more cycles before I leave!
I need to set up her feed and water - so I will leave it until the morning. And I will leave Piglet longer as I am less worried about her as she eats and drinks every day, maybe even twice a day, and I really want her to have a break from laying.
Of course it is Babs who really needs a break from laying so I hope she is next but she is showing absolutely no signs of it so far.
It a fool’s errand to go to a family reunion, looking for a date!! :lau :oops:

Twofer
Chrissy and Joan pulling dry skin off of me.
Just want the blood- Chrissy!
No mama said stop - Joan.
PXL_20240503_011354295.jpg

Back
Top Bottom