Well, your voice as a biologist obviously has a lot more weight !

I am sorry that some of the BYC members who know the more about worming and medicating, tend to prone very assertively a systematic use. I rarely react because I don't have enough experience keeping chickens and also due to the huge cultural gap between the US and Europe on that subject among others 😊.

Please, drink your mullein and peppermint tea and chicken water if it helps you heal and tell us more of Momma hen's story !
But I agree mullein tea is gross....in fact everything about mullein is gross. If it wasn't so hard to weed it would be gone from our place !
Here are some donkeys I saw while running this morning for Pony Sundays. These lucky guys live in huge hundred acres parks in the mountain. The people who own them have a donkey trekking business, so once in a while they carry a family's luggage or a child, but there are three herds of around 20 so they dont get to work too often !
View attachment 3837000View attachment 3837001
And please send some good thoughts for our little Piou-piou. She's not doing well and we can't find what's wrong 😔.
View attachment 3837002
I appreciate your words of caution for the meds.

Cool donkeys! Do they get sold if the herd gets too big? Do the 100 acres support that many animals grazing?
Good luck Piou-Piou :hugs

STOWAWAYS

OH No! What am I going to do?!

I have stowaways 😳

Actually no they are not from yesterday, and not a real coincidence that Peavey Mart has the same Bantams as TSC had yesterday, I am betting Hoovers shipped Bantams to both Peavey and TSC this week.

These where the very last two chickies in the store and they were screaming up a storm, broke my heart to hear them so distressed so I told the store clerk, give me a deal and I’ll take them off your hands. So 2 for the price of one and home they came!

Being bantams they are straight run. And in my case are likely both Roos…..

I wonder what sort of Bantams they are?
Looking at Hoover website, doing a search for bantams, they have to be old English bantams. BB Red (the straight eye liner) and silver duckwing (maybe the curvy eye liner) or both are 1 of those 2. The assortment has crele colored which I haven't got a clue what the chicks look like, so also maybe. Old English game bantams of some coloring.

The Bigs and Littles, an Introduction.

Lore, snicker and doodle all came over to say hello the wee ones. Lore surprised me entirely by spending the most time with them. He immediately set to showing them how to peck and scratch and even chased off a curious Myth. Then lost interest and was off in search of bugs. But it went really really well!

The big eye jubilee is holding strong but as you will see her feathers are coming in all askew and she is still tiny. Fighting for it though!

Also, can anyone tell em if these Ameraucanas are going to grow up to be black or blue? I am fine with either, the breeder wasn’t sure which they would end up being and I curious.

Awww she is almost like a frizzle - she will just be extra special 😊💕

Looking at Hoover website, doing a search for bantams, they have to be old English bantams. BB Red (the straight eye liner) and silver duckwing (maybe the curvy eye liner) or both are 1 of those 2. The assortment has crele colored which I haven't got a clue what the chicks look like, so also maybe. Old English game bantams of some coloring.
I do believe our dear friend has 2 Old english bantams, otherwise known as game chickens. Oh I hope they are both pullets. One if not both could very well end up looking very similar to my dear departed momma hen.

No saddle fit Auggie. I used a bareback pad, but even that was too big for him.

I’m going to order a girth. It should be here on Tuesday. I walked and trotted. He wanted to canter but I didn’t let him.
I started slipping when he tried picking up the canter, but I grabbed onto his mane to regain my balance.
IMG_4049.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom