Flies in the Goat Stall

Do you use barn lime? It can help keep,things dried out and inhibit flies especially if you have a solid floor?

Natural predators.
I'm guessing spiders?

You misunderstood my post. I said fly predators, not natural predators. Fly predators are natural predators but the are not spiders. They are small black winged insects. They attack the fly pupae. Just google fly predators and you can find out about them and where to buy them. It is best to get them early in the season. They come in a little white bag with instructions on how to manage them. They are not an overnight solution, but once established they do a good job of keeping fly numbers down.

Fly predators are natural predators but they are not spiders. They are small black winged insects that spend their life low to the ground. They attack the fly pupae. Just google fly predators and you can find out about them and where to buy them. It is best to get them early in the season. They come in a little white bag with instructions on how to manage them. They are not an overnight solution, but once established they do a good job of keeping fly numbers down.

Natural predators.
I'm guessing spiders?

The mats are there to keep them from pee rotting out the floor :(

Yesterday I went in, removed all hay, scraped wet spots in pellets, spread PDZ and sprayed some Permethrin. Added a bag of stall pellets to cover just what was removed. Let it air out all day before I added pellets. Just a thin spread of hay in there now, from their nightly hay tossing.
Hoping this'll do the trick. Removing hay and wet spots is real easy if I do it this way, once a week.
Did you even look under the stall mats while cleaning? I am not the only person to suggest this in this thread. Give it a try and let us know what you see.

Also, a fly's life cycle happens way faster than 7 days so your weekly cleanings are likely allowing about 3 generations of flies to breed under those stall mats or in the litter between your cleanings. Just saying.

Back
Top Bottom