Feeders

Hanging Chick feeders I made.....

47039_fefw.jpg

47039_f34t43.jpg

47039_gg.jpg

47039_h4q5hh54.jpg

Well that stired up some imagination. But I want to stay away from the saucers. I like john in wa idea of just big holes they can reach into. Want to try that.

I like your ice cream bucket idea Valley quail breeder. I think the oval ones will work for the breeder cages. I am sure DH will not object to me stocking up on ice cream. If I cut the holes to high I 'll just get more ice cream and try again.

I just emptied a 2# peanut butter jar - should stand in the corner and not take up to much room. I sure use a lot of peanut butter because of my quail, (Lids for feeders for chicks). Jar might not be big enough though. Needs to hold 2 cups and not be more than 3 inches deep to have holes in it and no saucer. Might Work better than those Quail Feeders I bought though.

I Can us a spring to latch either in place too. Cool, I am going to try these.

I bought one feeder from feed store. they told me just fill it up put it in your pen and your good to go for a couple days. I was kind of shocked when i went back out and it was empty a hour later. The quail had a hay day flicking feed for a good hour. I was using the Folgers container as a scoop for feed when the light went off. anyway i ran in the house and came out with a lid and a box knife and presto we had a feeder. It has worked good for me. we also use the metal cans for feed and water dishes for the rabbits.

I do like the hanging feeder and the bucket and flower pot tray. I look at that and think chicken feeder this winter. I'm thinking 30 gallon garbage can and some old tin and i got a feeder that will hold 50lbs of chicken feed.lol

Thought I'd show you what DH surprised me with. He said its 2 1/2 '' pipe. What he had laying around.

I thought it was a little long for my 2' x 2' breeder cages, so he cut it down to 3 & 4 Holes. Used it for last 24 hours. Works good. I like it cause I can just take it out and hold it over my can of feed to fill it. 9 - 8 week olds and did not run out over night. I fill 2 X a day cause my cages are stuffed right now for the cold season coming.

If you have the cages where they could stick their heads through, could probably use 1 for 2 cages. I don't though.

17739_104_0227.jpg

17739_104_0226.jpg

Back
Top Bottom