Feed for runner duckling after duck crumb

Runnerduck86

Hatching
May 2, 2024
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I’m on my second year of hatching runner ducklings. Last year was very much a learning curve with trial and error. Thankfully, everything went fine. This year I really want to get my head around the feed for them in their early stages of life. Our current batch of ducklings are 2-3 weeks old and are on duck crumb. I’ve been researching what to move them onto next and it’s quite contradictory. Do the ducklings need to go onto a grower pellet next or can they go straight into duck and goose food?

Thank you in advance for your help!

i streamlined the way i do things. i like to hatch things out alot. i often sell them so i always have ducks or chickens sometimes coming and going. so i always have different aged critters in my brooder. i feed chicken starter with niacin up until there feathered then they go outside with my flock where they get all flock and layer pellets mixed. ive been doing this for years with no issue. (they free range alot too)

i streamlined the way i do things. i like to hatch things out alot. i often sell them so i always have ducks or chickens sometimes coming and going. so i always have different aged critters in my brooder. i feed chicken starter with niacin up until there feathered then they go outside with my flock where they get all flock and layer pellets mixed. ive been doing this for years with no issue. (they free range alot too)
Thank you for your reply, it’s very helpful.

I use starter /grower until mine are close to laying age usually around 4.5 months for my Runners. Then they go on layer with the rest of my flock.

I use starter /grower until mine are close to laying age usually around 4.5 months for my Runners. Then they go on layer with the rest of my flock.
Definitely something to think about then. Thank you. I’m finding it a bit of a mine field but I suppose is finding what works best for your flock.

Back
Top Bottom