Egg Swap, New Shipper Wanting to Test Packaging!

Well I managed to sell a dozen Duck Eggs and shipped them out. They shipped the 14th and got to Tennessee on the 16th. I just emailed the person who bought them off eBay to see how they made it. I used Priority Mail, had the box in box type style. 12 duck eggs wrapped in bubble wrap, each individually (will not fit in an egg carton) so they went individually in the box, air sack side up. Surrounded by the peanuts and bubble wrap. Exterior box has bubble wrap on base, on top and around the sides.

I shipped 16 eggs out to CiaBia last week and none of them broke, yay!!! I wrapped each egg in paper towels then I but them in an egg carton taped shut. Then I used A TON of bubble wrap around the carton. Then I added packing peanuts and newspaper to the box so that the carton fit snugly. So did mine very similar to yours @GeoGreyWolf

I'm so happy that not a single egg broke!

I just got an update from the Ebayer who said not a single egg broke. So my first package for a dozen worked. I sent out 6 eggs in a single box, but single layer of bubble wrap around and set in carton, cut the top off and put it back on since the eggs fit but not perfectly. I then taped and bubble wrapped the carton, put in a smaller box with air packs and bubble wrap. Different from what my previous one was, but testing out with things i have saved from previous purchase such as air packs. Better to reuse then have to buy more, Also since the half dozen fit in a smaller box, didnt have a box they could fit in that would fit in that box. A way to keep the shipping price down some. Asked that person to let me know how they arrive so hopefully will hear back soon.

I apologise in advance if I messed up the process somehow, this is my first time posting in the swap forum.

BYC is not responsible for transactions outside the BST area of the forum. All swaps are at the swappers risk and in no way will the Staff be involved in disputes. All disputes should be handled privately as per BYC Rules. No feedback and no feedback threads are allowed in these swaps. Do not report issues with the swaps using the report button. Please resolve all issues privately with your swap partner and/or the the swap originator. BYC discourages all transactions outside the regular BST area. Non monetary swap transactions are only allowed in this forum and only in a Swap thread. You must be 18 or over to participate in any swap, trade or any other transaction on BYC. All BYC Rules apply

I've been raising chickens for about 2 years, and decided I wanted to get into shipping and selling eggs. Until now I've been incubating my own eggs and selling chicks locally, but I'd love to broaden my horizons! I've done lots of research on the best ways to safely ship eggs, and finally collected all the necessary supplies. Now all I need is some good 'field testing' if you will. I've got the following pens of chicken eggs up for grabs, all separated by type:
Lavender Ameraucana
Frizzled Easter Egger
Ayam Cemani (not show worthy, but beautiful nonetheless)
Olive Egger
Occasionally white silkies and sizzle

I'd LOVE some goose eggs, but am not at all picky. I'm mostly wanting to do swaps to get feedback on my packaging.

Thank you in advance, any response is appreciated! (Critiquing included ;))

View attachment 1351836 View attachment 1351837 View attachment 1351838

I would love Ayam Cemani. We have Light Brahma and Red Sexlink (they are a Light Brahma and RIR mix). Not for sure which are which though; both the RIR and Brahma lay brown eggs.

I’ve never shipped eggs but I’ve had eggs shipped to me. The lady wrapped each one in bubble wrap and added plastic bags in the box. Arrive great even with the postman throwing the box up he driveway.

Lavender Ameraucana
Frizzled Easter Egger
Ayam Cemani (not show worthy, but beautiful nonetheless)
Olive Egger
Occasionally white silkies and sizzle
I'd LOVE some goose eggs, but am not at all picky. I'm mostly wanting to do swaps to get feedback on my packaging.
Thank you in advance, any response is appreciated! (Critiquing included ;))

View attachment 1351836 View attachment 1351837 View attachment 1351838

Hi. I don't currently have anyone laying here in my coop in Maine. I'm wondering if I might have something else I can offer to swap you. I would love to try to hatch some of your eggs and let you know how they traveled safely to Maine. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom