Egg stuck to turner - Help!

Sjisty

Scribe of Brahmalot
12 Years
May 18, 2009
Brooksville
I have an incubator with every slot in the turner full. This morning I started candling the eggs. One of them is stuck tight to the turner! I'm afraid if I try too hard to get it loose, it will break and make a mess in the incubator and then what do I do with all those eggs? If I just leave it in there and it explodes, then I'm back to still having a (smelly) mess in the incubator and probably ruined eggs.

Any suggestions?

well. You COULD take all the other eggs out, lay them on the bottum of the incubator,

or in an eggcarton in the incubator, take the egg turner out, get the egg out, if it beaks,

wash the turner, and put all back in the turner how it was before.
big_smile.png
Heh, sorry this happened.

...How DID it get stuck anyways?

You can cover the stuck egg, so if it does blow, it will be contained. Why not pop out the turner in a dark room real quick, put a light under the egg[turners have holes in the bottom] and see if it is dead or alive. If dead, knock yourself out trying to get it.

or... you could just try dripping some water around the edges of the egg where it meets the turner... it's probably egg goo that didn't get washed off from last hatch, or something on the outside of the egg that melted in the heat. Most substances like that will dissolve or soften in water and allow you to remove the egg safely.

Ive had a few do that. I have learned to leave them. I Tried to unstick one and broke it. It was 5 days till hatch day: broke my heart. Good luck

I had the same thing happen with two going into lock down. I actually peeled off the shell on one, but after many hours reading on BYC forums I just grabbed scotch tape and fixed it. One was too stuck and I just left it on. It actually released an hour or so later because it was closer to the humidity at the bottom on the wire. Don't worry. it can still hatch on the turner.

Back
Top Bottom