Dumped Roosters

Poultry man123

Chirping
Sep 20, 2022
I was driving home today when I spotted 2 chickens in a road side paddock.
this was a semi remote area with a river nearby and forest and in the middle of this paddock was 2 roosters in terrible condition.
the stress and lack of food had affected these roosters severely. I eventually caught them and put them in a box and bought them home, when took them to my house, I let them out of the box they ran straight towards the water bowl and started drinking and then spent half an hour eating some grain, after the filled they're crops they went to rest. they appear to be frizzles and now they have a safe shed and pen to recover in.
When they regrow their feathers and get back into shape I will introduce them to my flock of chickens.
I will post updates on their recovery on this thread and show there here recovery.
This is why you don't dump domestic animals in the wild.

Attachments

• E8606CED-BA47-458C-8D62-ECB3AE88AF0B.jpeg
    E8606CED-BA47-458C-8D62-ECB3AE88AF0B.jpeg
    799.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 191AF4B4-709F-450A-8BD8-B7E2D0B9980F.jpeg
    191AF4B4-709F-450A-8BD8-B7E2D0B9980F.jpeg
    605.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 2232CB26-F6E1-4B65-AFC5-B55CD6FEAE4B.jpeg
    2232CB26-F6E1-4B65-AFC5-B55CD6FEAE4B.jpeg
    613.3 KB · Views: 20
I was driving home today when I spotted 2 chickens in a road side paddock.
this was a semi remote area with a river nearby and forest and in the middle of this paddock was 2 roosters in terrible condition.
the stress and lack of food had affected these roosters severely. I eventually caught them and put them in a box and bought them home, when took them to my house, I let them out of the box they ran straight towards the water bowl and started drinking and then spent half an hour eating some grain, after the filled they're crops they went to rest. they appear to be frizzles and now they have a safe shed and pen to recover in.
When they regrow their feathers and get back into shape I will introduce them to my flock of chickens.
I will post updates on their recovery on this thread and show there here recovery.
This is why you don't dump domestic animals in the wild.
Ahhh! Poor chickies! They’re probably very thankful you can to rescue them.

They look like Frazzles, which is what happens when you breed two Frizzles. They can end up with brittle feathers, & other issues.
Probably the reason they were ditched.

Would've been kinder for those people to eat them, or rehome them, rather then dumping in a random place.

They look like Frazzles, which is what happens when you breed two Frizzles. They can end up with brittle feathers, & other issues.
Probably the reason they were ditched.

Would've been kinder for those people to eat them, or rehome them, rather then dumping in a random place.
They do look like frazzles.

Back
Top Bottom