Ducks need homes, North Florida

DuckLady

Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Jan 11, 2007
NE Washington State
We are DESPERATE to find homes for many ducks here in the Florida Panhandle.

If any of you are willing to adopt, know someone who could help with transports (or you're willing to drive part-way), or you know someone who lives in the FL Panhandle (Tallahassee, Panama City, Pensacola, etc.), PLEASE have them contact me as soon as possible.
Here is the list of "adoptables" that really need homes ASAP (some pictures available):

1. 4 adult ducks with "special needs": 1 male Pekin (Julius) - permanent limp due to bad foot injury, 1 male "mixed breed" (Stumpy) - has one "peg leg" due to completely missing foot, 1 female Pekin (Cleo) - no disabilities, 1 female Pekin (Crystal) - no disabilities.
Must go in either 2 pairs or all 4 together. (Located near Fort Walton Beach/Destin)

2. 2 young Pekins: 1 female (Harriett) and 1 male (Howard) - perfectly healthy & friendly, born around Easter. MUST go together as they are a bonded pair. (Located near Fort Walton Beach/Destin)

3. 10-15 "baby" or "juvenile" ducks of assorted breeds - some are strongly bonded to humans and others are more bonded to ducks. Very friendly & great pets. May go individually, in pairs or groups. (Located near Fort Walton Beach/Destin)

4. 2 adult Pekins: unsure of exact age or names, owner passed away & family is desparate to find an adoptive home. They were hand-raised inside and need to be loved, pet ducks. (Located near Tallahassee)

PLEASE post this info on as many groups as possible or feel free to email to others. My contact info is below.
Thanks!
Kendra Addington
Duck Rescue Network Board Member
(850) 218-9923
email: [email protected]

Hello,
Have you tried posting these on petfinder.com?
They have a section for adoptables. You might find some takers from that site.

Thank You Terrie, I emailed them and can find homes for several, I Believe. Now I have to go build another run and coop!
th.gif

Well, I ended up hearing from Kendra and she just happened to be coming up my way. I just got home with 3 new additions, 2 pekings and 1 Muscovy. I will post pictures when I get a chance, have a coop and run to finish. They wont stay in the brooder very long! They get big quick! LOL!
wee.gif
Thank You again Terrie

Well, I have a quick pic but, am still working outside and wanted to post it.
chickens214.jpg
The Muscovey is in front and the 2 Pekins are in the back. No names as of yet but, they are too big for the brooder already. I must go out and build. I have a good start on their run already but will get less than 5 hours sleep for work tonight.
chickens216.jpg
Ok gotta go for now!
wee.gif

You are officially addicted to quack!! Thanks for giving those babies a home! They are adorable!

Back
Top Bottom