Don't be Afraid to Sell your Chicks in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of being on another list? No. Of the increased risk of getting sick birds from a non NPIP seller? Yes.
I'd like to see studies that show increased risk of getting sick birds from "non NPIP seller"?

I regularly see posts about sick chicks from hatcheries. I think there is a dedicated forum for sick chicks on here, also. If i go through them, are most of the chicks from hatcheries or from non-NPIP sellers?

Do you have any, please?

I'd like to see studies that show increased risk of getting sick birds from "non NPIP seller"?

I regularly see posts about sick chicks from hatcheries. I think there is a dedicated forum for sick chicks on here, also. If i go through them, are most of the chicks from hatcheries or from non-NPIP sellers?

Do you have any, please?
I think you are assuming that people think NPIP means no disease. Most long time chicken keepers understand that it does not mean that at all. Unfortunately a lot of new to chicken people believe this.

It's worth repeating:
NPIP does not mean that seller/person doesn't have a disease in their flock.

I think you are assuming that people think NPIP means no disease. Most long time chicken keepers understand that it does not mean that at all. Unfortunately a lot of new to chicken people believe this.

It's worth repeating:
NPIP does not mean that seller/person doesn't have a disease in their flock.
Thank you for rephrasing my point.

I'll answer my last question for you... No, people do not want their chickens to be registered and tracked. Can no one figure this out? Or are you all afraid? Perhaps you just don't care? I'm standing up. They'll knock me down if you don't stand up with me.

It's time to look at Jim McReynolds and the 2003 Legislative Session: 78(R) link here... 78(R)

Compare the dates, that it was filed and then signed, with the dates of news articles from google or duckduckgo about exotic newcastle disease and when it was discovered in Texas and when the quarantine was lifted. Read the articles. Take notes of the dates.

Then look at stock prices of chicken companies like Tyson from 1990 to 2004.

Keep in mind the "homesteading chicken raising" movement became very popular in 2000.

Can you see?
Gibson Donald Lewis (Gib Lewis) was the only one to vote against HB2328 in 2003. Gib Lewis is a legend in Texas. What did he know that made him vote against a registry of chicken ownership?

Gibson Donald Lewis (Gib Lewis) was the only one to vote against HB2328 in 2003. Gib Lewis is a legend in Texas. What did he know that made him vote against a registry of chicken ownership?
I looked Ole Gib up and think he has an aversion to appearing on lists.

How do you expand from selling from just your farm or ranch in Texas? We aren't allowed to deliver or send birds through the mail (which I would NEVER do and every single hatchery that accepts losses through usps and chalks it up to "part of the business" should be put out of business).

In Texas if you live in town "A" and want to sell in town "B" without registering with TAHC or NPIP, just hatch your eggs in the town and location you want to sell chicks in. Got a friends house to put your incubator? Advertise a chick hatching day and sell from your friends house.

Hatcheries that trust USPS and Tractor supply chicks should be animal cruelty.

TAHC and NPIP are not your friend and they are unconstitutional.

No trust for non-npip...yet, you spend your time on "backyardchickens". It seems their plan to instill fear of the backyard flocks worked. Not on me though. I will gladly visit a backyard flock owner. If something doesn't seem right or seems unsanitary, I can easily walk away, but I'm not going to mistrust a non-npip flock just because someone tells me too.
No one is trying to force their opinions on you. It seems more the other way around.
We enjoy our BYC community. Many chicken lives are saved by this very informative and helpful community.
From the posts that you've made this morning, I suspect you joined BYC in order to stir up conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom