Do multiple ducks lay thier eggs in the same nest?

Red-tailed Hawk

Songster
10 Years
May 29, 2013
Ok, wierd thing happened this morning. I went to let my girls out of their house this morning and found the usual random duck egg by the front door of thier house (Thier house is two dog houses that we put together to make one long duck house.) That was pretty normal. They started laying a couple days ago and I have found an egg randomly placed in there each day. Yesterday I had thought I'd found a lot when I discovered three, but today I received a huge surprise. Six other eggs were neatly lain in a nest together. I have four ducks. Is it posible that three of them laid in the same nest?

Ok, wierd thing happened this morning. I went to let my girls out of their house this morning and found the usual random duck egg by the front door of thier house (Thier house is two dog houses that we put together to make one long duck house.) That was pretty normal. They started laying a couple days ago and I have found an egg randomly placed in there each day. Yesterday I had thought I'd found a lot when I discovered three, but today I received a huge surprise. Six other eggs were neatly lain in a nest together. I have four ducks. Is it posible that three of them laid in the same nest?
I have ducks and chickens that wait in turn to go in the box to lay...there are regularly two birds in there, and one or two waiting outside! They have others, this box is just a favourite....I take all but 2 eggs away so that whichever goes broody has something to sit on. Once I had a broody hen and a broody duck sitting together!

i think your ducks might be trying to go broody on you good luck with the eggs i m geting none from the ducks
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom