Do I help the egg hatch?

Silkiebegins

Songster
Mar 22, 2024
Hey do I help my chicken hatch it's day 22 and it hasn't pipped at all. I candled today and I saw the egg yolk move just a bit. On the first picture I didn't realize it was blurry until I looked at it but on the bottom is what I think is the embryo. I don't know what it was honestly, it was just a super dark shadow figure.

• Screenshot 2024-04-26 194612.png

• Screenshot 2024-04-26 194541.png

So I did have a look but can’t see to much on those either, I would say your day 9, 11 possibly have something growing but not sure as can’t see good v, there is smal shadow but again can’t see. As others suggested I would collect for few days before setting , you can do staggered hatches but usually with few eggs from one day and I’m moving eggs to my other incubator for lock down if I’m doing so . Also question do eggs coming from your chickens ,how many is there in breeding flock and what is ratio of roosters to hens. Can you send some pictures of your home made incubation, it might be a problem there.And yes those are air cells at he thicker end off egg but you get them even in eating eggs from shop , air cell presence do not suggest fertility of eggs. I honestly would wait till your new incubator arrives to set more eggs.

Last edited:
But it's ok we did see some that are still developing. It was very weird to see a tiny eye and veins all around the embryo.

Should I candle and send pics of some of the other eggs that are in lockdown that I don't really what that I'm looking at?

Back
Top Bottom