Do emus and horses go well together?

Cassandragrenr

Songster
Jul 15, 2022
Sweden, södermanland
I have huge fenced in areas that would be perfect for our future emus, though the horses are usually there. Would they go well together??

+ Would they be able to be fenced in with electric fencing, it's about as tall as me ((5'6))

Just saw this so sorry for the late response. We have horses and emus together on a large pasture and it is fine. Our pasture fence is 5 ft but the paddock fences are 6 feet. They have been fine in the large pasture with 5 foot fences as I am sure they would only try to jump out if they were cornered which is not likely with all that space. It just takes a nice slow introduction for the horses to be comfortable. We even have had one of our emus bond with a horse. It is the cutest relationship! We have a no climb 5 foot fence. I would never use electric with these birds.

Attachments

• baron and emu.jpg
    baron and emu.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 51
Just saw this so sorry for the late response. We have horses and emus together on a large pasture and it is fine. Our pasture fence is 5 ft but the paddock fences are 6 feet. They have been fine in the large pasture with 5 foot fences as I am sure they would only try to jump out if they were cornered which is not likely with all that space. It just takes a nice slow introduction for the horses to be comfortable. We even have had one of our emus bond with a horse. It is the cutest relationship! We have a no climb 5 foot fence. I would never use electric with these birds.
We agree except as to feed...If horses eat most pellets that are fed to emu, foundering most likely will occur to the horses.......I'd be very careful....

Back
Top Bottom