****** DIY chicken feeder pipe! ******

Pics
The height of this feeder helps prevent spillage. Just up off the ground enough that they can't comfortably beak food out. But placement would be different for each flock. And this will require i clean the bottom out occasionally as they cant reach it. Easly done by removing two screws. It also still needs a hinged lid on the outside. This entire coop is line from top to bottom with hardware clothe so no mice.
What does your current set up look like, perhaps it just needs a few tweaks.

It might be hard to make the mods due to space. If you cut a approximately 45deg piece and install in the feeder (see below)

Here is my setup:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/537861/automatic-feeder-attached-to-the-coop

I have new mods design, but didn't have material to build it yet.

Last edited:
@speedy2020 My feeder is already angled and the two sides come together at a point so no flat space on the bottom. But doesn't have the extended plate in front. Doesn't seem to be an issue, No problems with spillage yet. But that is a great idea for future builds. I also really like your treeder feeder, now I'm going to have to build one. :)

Last edited:
@speedy2020 My feeder is already angled and the two sides come together at a point so no flat space on the bottom. But doesn't have the extended plate in front. Doesn't seem to be an issue, No problems with spillage yet. But that is a great idea for future builds. I also really like your treeder feeder, now I'm going to have to build one.
smile.png

I have come up with new improve treader design, but it has to wait for a while. The current version has few flaws which I don't like.

Does this secure onto the fence or inside the feeder? my question or concern is the rain and snow. I would love to do this. Does it stay dry.

Does this secure onto the fence or inside the feeder? my question or concern is the rain and snow. I would love to do this. Does it stay dry. 

Mine attaches to a crossbeam on the inside from the outside and then I stapled the fencing from the inside to it with a hole cut in the wire where the feeder can fit through. This can be framed in better as well for an even more secure fit. Wanted to fill them from outside. Here's the second one I built today

I angled the top of the outside of the opening for better lid placement. A 50# bag of feed only filled this one just over half way. Also made this little guy out of another odwalla bottle.

Its for the dottes , although they are already getting to big for the bin they are in now. Lol

Back
Top Bottom