Diesel fuel as tick and flea repellent

I know it would repel me...and I'm known to be a pest. :lol:

:duc :lau

Diesel fuel is carcinogenic!
If your coop is made of wood and you want to clear it of mites and parasites use a blow torch.

Notify fire company in advance.

Back in the dark ages :old creosote was widely used to control/eliminate red mite infestations.

Does it continue to smell after it dries? Since the birds aren't chewing the wood, I don't think it would be a problem for them unless they breathe the fumes. I've wiped down tools with gasoline (to remove oil and grime) and the smell is gone once it evaporates but wood would hold onto it longer. Once it doesn't smell anymore I think you'd be okay. I think any kind of vapor other than clean air is not good for anyone. Bugs tend to chew on the wood, so it would repel them for some time. Here in the south even the creosote rail timbers don't keep the fire ants away.

:duc :lau

Notify fire company in advance.

Back in the dark ages :old creosote was widely used to control/eliminate red mite infestations.
It's funny you know, people have been cleaning beehives with blow torches for years.
I and other people I know have been clearing coops of pests with a blow torch for years.
I'll need to have a look at the fire departments stats, but I don't think they get many calls for flaming beehive and coops.:p

Back
Top Bottom