Diary of a Poultry Show Novice: The State Fair Chronicles *Update*

Quote:
Oh, I see you're from VA as well. Where are you?? Did you go to the fair? Will you be at the big show in Nov.? Whatcha bringing??

What a great story..You did such a good job...They are right , its nothing to sneeze at, maybe next year you can get out to a few of the APA shows..you might be suprised that you can hold your own out there.. Most of those shows are one day shows , bring your chicken in the morn check in time and you can go enjoy the eats and local attractions and come back later on and enjoy the awards ceremony later in the afternoon ..Or just stay and enjoy the whole thing..I like those shows the best.. one day in and out..

Quote:
I really considered going, but since I'm a good 3/12 hours away down toward Roanoke and my husband was away on business, I decided to hold off going. I've got two very, very old house dogs that need frequent care, so both of us can't be gone with ease right now. I'm going to plan on attending the upcoming November show. My birds are very, very young. My showing experience is all in dogs, but essentially the ideas are the same in both. I've shown dogs with success for years.

Right now I'm attempting to assemble some good birds, but our state's overstrict regulations does not make that easy in the slightest.
he.gif

Congratulations! Your first try and Reserve Grand Champion! Since you saw my blog you probably know I had the same results earlier this year with one of my birds on my first try. Thank you for your kind words about the blog. I hope what little I wrote about preparing and showing helped in someway.

You should enter the next show. When you win it makes it all worthwhile!

Back
Top Bottom