Delayed shipping success stories?? Please?

Cherie1n2

Songster
5 Years
May 5, 2014
Upstate South Carolina
My chicks left the carrier facility tuesday 3/3 at about 2pm and the last tracking info put them leaving the sorting facility at 4:40 pm on the same day 3/3.. I called the hatchery (Ideal poultry)and they say my chicks should have arrived today. I called USPS.. The 1-800# is worthless.. I visited my PO.. And then called them again later today. Theyre wonderful.. Theyre anxiously looking for my chicks too.. And even offered to let me pick up at the stop before them if they arrived there today.. But they didnt.

In the morning my first 72 hours is up, i'll be into day 3.. I dont know how long they hatched before there journey began, but im beside myself with worry. I've read horror story after horror story but i know there has to be reassuring stories out there too.. Other info, I ordered 55 chicks and live near Greenville South Carolina.

..please, anyone with a 3+ day wait have success/survivors? Any tips other than carrying warm water with sav-a-chic electrolyte with me and a syringe?

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat. My shipment from Ideal shipped on 3/3 at 4:01 pm. Called PO today & they never showed up. I'm worried too. I'm in California. Cherie, post when u get your chicks. I'll say a little prayer for your chicks
263a.png
Kathy

That makes 3 of us that shipped 3/3 at about 4pm fromTexas delayed.. One other poster from PA, me from SC, and you in CA.. Please post if you get yours too.. We're all in this together!

I'll be praying for all of us.. And them.

Last edited:
And even though I have all my chicks and eggs, I'll be praying for all three of you!!!!

The horror stories are just making my heart break. :hit

Good luck you three!! (And every one else)

I'm in the same boat. My shipment from Ideal shipped on 3/3 at 4:01 pm. Called PO today & they never showed up. I'm worried too. I'm in California. Cherie, post when u get your chicks. I'll say a little prayer for your chicks
263a.png
Kathy

Any word yet? My po says they're done receiving for the day so I have little hope of live arrival

No word, this is day 3. My mail carrier gets to PO at 8:30. It's now 8:55. She said she would call if they were there. There will be one more shipment today at 11:30. If they don't arrive, they are goners. I've emailed Ideal, asking for a tracking #, but no response as of yet. I am so disappointed.

They'll give you the tracking # if you call but the way chicks ship there won't be any info in between.. And, from what my post master said, the only other update will be an arrival scan at the destination. When I called ideal today they said all shipping is at a standstill until further notice.I know my local tractor supply got chicks today but I don't know what hatchery/state it was from.

If mine aren't in the PO by 11:30 today, I'm going to the feed store & buy chicks. They got a big order in yesterday from Ideal & Belt. I won't have the variety I was wanting, but I'm not going through this again. Poor little babies, sitting somewhere. I'm Ca., there are very few hatcheries or breeders, which is why I ordered from out of state. Since my chicks left on Tuesday, they got out ahead of the storm that slammed Texas. There is no excuse for those chicks not to be here
1f622.png

This would have been me if the breeds I wanted weren't backordered (also from Ideal). Mine won't ship until mid-April, and now I'm glad of it.
Hoping for the best for all of you!

Back
Top Bottom