Bantam with bad case of scaly leg mites.

Chicks in VA

Bantams are the best👍😁
Mar 27, 2021
take a guess
I have tried to help him with this in the passed but I failed and now it we seems urgent that I treat it. His leg joints are really red and the rest is just what SLMs look like. How can I treat it without it taking hours of work and month's for him to heal?

Im guessing that poultry dust with Vaseline over it won't work? How can I prevent it in the future?

Thanks ~ CIVA

I have tried to help him with this in the passed but I failed and now it we seems urgent that I treat it. His leg joints are really red and the rest is just what SLMs look like. How can I treat it without it taking hours of work and month's for him to heal?

Im guessing that poultry dust with Vaseline over it won't work? How can I prevent it in the future?

Thanks ~ CIVA
You can try the mixing Permethrin Dust in vaseline, & slathering the legs in it.

Can you take pictures of the severity of his scaly leg mite problem?

One thing I did with a red JungleFowl hen, was I washed her legs in soapy water, rinsed them, patted dry, & used 91% isopropyl alcohol on her legs. She's due for a second treatment. First treatment she responded really well.

Back
Top Bottom